Crash on iOS 8

Options
2»

Comments

• grouchal
    grouchal
    Community Member
    Options

Please can you notify me of any workarounds or solutions - especially ones that work, as the current method did not work for me on an iPhone 5.

Thanks for your great support so far and I do hope that you can fix it soon.

I am glad to see that everyone so far with this problem has been respectful of your position and I feel for you problem of having to support an unforeseen issue.

You guys are great in the software you create and just keep it up!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2014
    Options

Hi all,

Just wanted to provide a quick update here. For our 1Password 4 for iOS beta testers, our developers have pushed out a new beta that should have 1Password being a little less crashy here - please ensure that you are updated to the latest beta version and let us know how things work for you in our iOS Beta Forum.

For users on the release version of 1Password 4 for iOS, we'll do our best to get this version tested and out to you all just as soon as possible!

• rsisbell
    rsisbell
    Community Member
    Options

Are you still accepting people into the beta program for IOS? I have registered but have not heard anything.

Thanks,

Ricky

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Ricky ( @rsisbell ),

We are still accepting beta testers. Invites might take a while to be accepted, as our developers are still all starry-eyed at WWDC, but you should see something soon - thanks for your patience, and for helping to test 1Password to ensure it's as awesome as it can be!

• j1nolasteve
    j1nolasteve
    Community Member
    Options

@Megan where do I signup for beta testing?

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @j1nolasteve,

You can sign-up for the beta here: https://agilebits.com/beta_signups/new

Thanks for your interest!

• dimadr
    dimadr
    Community Member
    Options

Hi.
    The App crashes after a few seconds. (1Password 4, iOS 8)
    Thx

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @dimadr,

Please read the posts above (especially #3, #18, & #33).

• Korzun
    Korzun
    Community Member
    Options

I'm seeing the same crash as everyone else; not entirely unexpected on a beta version of iOS. I'm not a Agilebits Beta Team member, although I have submitted an application. If the development team would like my crash-log, please let me know!

I'm a developer myself. Googling makes it seem like the error is a problem with the target version of the application from Xcode. I attached a snippet from the crash log:
    Thread 0 Crashed: 0 libsystem_kernel.dylib 0x00000001968bf324 __pthread_kill + 8 1 libsystem_pthread.dylib 0x000000019695d754 pthread_kill + 108 2 libsystem_c.dylib 0x0000000196836ac0 abort + 108 3 1Password 0x000000010038c274 0x1000d8000 + 2835060 4 CoreFoundation 0x0000000186c3a180 __handleUncaughtException + 688 5 libobjc.A.dylib 0x00000001961344b4 _objc_terminate() + 112 6 libc++abi.dylib 0x0000000195975bb0 std::__terminate(void (*)()) + 12 7 libc++abi.dylib 0x0000000195975738 __cxa_rethrow + 140 8 libobjc.A.dylib 0x0000000196134394 objc_exception_rethrow + 40 9 CoreFoundation 0x0000000186b1d4f0 CFRunLoopRunSpecific + 568 10 GraphicsServices 0x000000018f58f7e0 GSEventRunModal + 164 11 UIKit 0x000000018b13d9c4 UIApplicationMain + 3360 12 1Password 0x00000001000df818 0x1000d8000 + 30744 13 libdyld.dylib 0x00000001967a6a04 start + 0

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @Korzun,

We've already fixed several iOS 8 crashes in our latest beta version. If you've already submitted your beta application, that's great — our beta team should be reviewing it soon. :)

• pitt1717
    pitt1717
    Community Member
    Options

signed up for the beta also, feel lost without my 1password

• Andbu
    Andbu
    Community Member
    Options

Same thing with iPhone 5s running iOS 8

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the feedback, folks. Just to reiterate what you all probably already know, but everyone may not: iOS 8 is still in beta which is intended for fellow application developers to test their applications so that they can be ready for the final iOS 8 release (which is our goal). We cannot make any guarantee about compatibility with iOS 8 at any particular stage of the beta, though of course (as is the point of the beta) we are trying to make it work. :)

• DaveDK
    DaveDK
    Community Member
    edited June 2014
    Options

I am also seeing crashes on my iphone 4S. 1password was working after blank Install of ios8 and restere from iCloud. At some point ios updated the 1password app which wiped the database on the device. When i then startede 1password it asked if I was a new or existing user. When I select existing and select Dropbox the app hangs after logging in to Dropbox and then crashes at each launch. I have tried deleting and reinstalling the app but it always hangs after the Dropbox log in.

The app works as it should on my iPad Air where I also clean installed and restored from iCloud backup and here it can also sync with Dropbox. I have not dared to delete / reinstall the app on my iPad :)

• technolawyer
    technolawyer
    Community Member
    Options

Wifi sync works with iPad!

• ghego
    ghego
    Community Member
    Options

Same prob here on both iPad mini and iPhone 5s, just registered to beta seeding program, hope to be accepted

• schiguoi
    schiguoi
    Community Member
    Options

I sync with Dropbox and on a fresh install of 1Password it fails to link to Dropbox when it multitasks over to Dropbox to setup sync. However, I was able to uninstall Dropbox forcing 1Password to authenticate with Dropbox over the built in web browser and it worked. I hope it helps someone else. This worked for me with the first iOS 8 beta release of 1Password and the current App Store version.

This discussion has been closed.