Open in New Tab not working in Firefox

Options

I'm only having this problem on one of my computers, but they all have identical configurations. When I have the Firefox 1P 4 Plugin set to open login in new tab, and I click a login, nothing happens. If I set it to open in current tab, it takes me to the site and logs in just fine. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the 1Pass 4 application, the plugin, and the helper and I've rebooted the PC between each step, but nothing seems to work. This functionality is working fine on my other two Windows PCs. Any ideas?

Windows 8.1 Update 1, Firefox 30, 1Password 4, 1Password 4 Plugin

Comments

• Kknight78
    Kknight78
    Community Member
    Options

Update: It appears that open in current tab is being somewhat inconsistent as well, though it is working better and more often than open in new tab, which isn't working at all. Maybe I need to uninstall/reinstall Firefox? I'd rather not if I can avoid it though. It's always a nuisance to get it all set back up correctly.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Kknight78‌,

Are you using the stable or beta version of the 1Password extension for Firefox?

You don't have to reinstall Firefox but try creating a new Firefox Profile to see if it is a configuration issue within your Firefox profile.

• Kknight78
    Kknight78
    Community Member
    Options

I'm using the stable extension. I'll try a new profile when I get back to that computer. Thanks!

• MikeT
    Options

Cool, let us know how it turns out.

• Kknight78
    Kknight78
    Community Member
    Options

A new profile worked, so I did a reset on Firefox and that seems to have done the trick. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! Now I just need to set my extensions and settings back up, which isn't quite as painful as the hassle of a full setup. :-)

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Kknight78‌,

I'm glad it helped. You might want to keep an eye on what you restore back into the new profile. One of the extension or settings might be the cause behind this. So, I'd suggest testing the Go and Fill in a new tab each time you turn one of them back on to make sure they're not the cause.

This discussion has been closed.