Auto-save issues on Dell and AG discussions forum using IE extension and 1P 4.0.2.503 [Confirmed]

Options
ValorHeart
ValorHeart
Community Member
edited July 2014 in 1Password 4 for Windows

hello,

1. when creating a generic account item it dosen't appear in the accounts section
  2. seccond bug is that 1password add-one dosen't automaticaly enabled when installing fresh on internet explorer, i needed to enter add one manager and enable it manualy,
  3. third bug that it dose'nt prompt to save password in "floating" log in boxes, like your discussions forum, or battle.net website, when clicking log in an small floating window appears and when entering the log in details and submit to log in the 1 password dosen't show save details window,

thanks, adi.

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @ValorHeart,

I made some spacing fixes to your post to make it easier to read. Since this is in the Windows beta forum, can you confirm these are still issues in beta 505?

1. I cannot reproduce this. As soon as I save the new generic account item, it shows the item in the accounts right away. Can you restart the 1Password app and see if it shows up. If not, try going to the File Menu > Repair 1Password data. See if that improves it.
    2. It is supposed to be enabled by default. Is it possible that IE might have disable it for you?
    3. Which browser are you using and which 1Password version do you have installed for that browser?
  • ValorHeart
    ValorHeart
    Community Member
    Options

I am using the latest 503 version, not the beta one, 1password is a new clean installed on my windows 7 64bit with all updates and service packs from microsoft
    1. still having the issue
    2.you should find out why it was automaticaly disabled after installing a fresh copy of the latest 1password, i haven't thouched any settings
    3.i am using internet explorer latest version, of curse i am using the latest version 503 not beta.

• ValorHeart
    ValorHeart
    Community Member
    Options

P.S just installed it on my work pc, Windows 7 enterprise 64bit, same issues with all, new generic account item dose'nt appear in it's section, only in logins section
    2.internet exporer did asked to enable or disable the 1password plugin on first time i opened it, i guess it is ok
    3.still dosen't asked to save passwords in floating login windows on websites like your forum
    waiting for response, thanks, adi.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited July 2014
    Options

If you're using the opvault format for the 1Password vault, that could explain it. The category "Generic accounts" doesn't exist in this format, but there was a bug (fixed in 504) where they stilled show up in the New item menu. Selecting a "Generic account" there would create a login instead.

If your vault/database has the file extension .opvault, then you are using the opvault format. If it's agilekeychain, then you're using the older agilekeychain format.

Also, note that this forum section is for the beta version of 1Password.

• ValorHeart
    ValorHeart
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, i notice that this froum is for the beta, i did not found forum for windows ver 4 and the software acting like beta so i decided to post here, yes i am using the newer .opvault file extension, why did they remove the generic account category?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited July 2014
    Options

Thanks, i notice that this froum is for the beta, i did not found forum for windows ver 4

Here it is: https://discussions.agilebits.com/categories/1password-windows

It lacks the 4 in the title, so it's for all versions.

why did they remove the generic account category?

Well, sometimes you have to do some spring cleaning...

You can still prevent some of your logins to show up in the browser extension, similar to Generic accounts. If you leave the URL field blank it will not show up in the extension:

You can also toggle the visibility in the extension here:

It seems like the lack of URL overrides this setting.

• ValorHeart
    ValorHeart
    Community Member
    edited July 2014
    Options

Thanks, so if this issue solved in ver 504 it's good, now what with the issue that the program dosen't asks for password saving in floating login websites?

Also when i saved my login password on the website www.carsforum.co.il
    it saved some weird buggy password that dosen't log me in .. i tried it few times

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited July 2014
    Options

now what with the issue that the program dosen't asks for password saving in floating login websites?

Sorry, can't help you there. For me, Internet Explorer (version 11 on Windows 8.1) doesn't ask to save on any website at all. Have you tried to access those sites' non-floating login pages? For example, https://discussions.agilebits.com/entry/signin Any difference?

Also, I tried various floating boxes logins in Chrome and Firefox and they worked there. Of course, I realize that it may not be an option to install and use alternative browsers.

• ValorHeart
    ValorHeart
    Community Member
    edited July 2014
    Options

How do you work if you can't save no password on IE11 at win8.1 ?
    Yes, the normal login pages works fine, but how i can find them?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited July 2014
    Options

How do you work if you can't save no password on IE11 at win8.1 ?

I only use Chrome, and sometimes Firefox. All my 1Password data still show up in IE, and I can manually save new items there. It's just auto save that is broken for some reason.

Yes, the normal login pages works fine, but how i can find them?

It's different for different sites. Some can be find with a Google search. I found https://us.battle.net/login/en/?ref=https://us.battle.net/account/management/&app=bam&cr=true after searching for "battle.net login"

On some sites, you get redirected to the non-floating page if you enter the wrong password, or if you click the forget password button.

On this forum, I found the link to the login page after they posted it here somewhere.

I prefer non-floating login pages, because they work better with 1Password's Go&Fill feature.

• ValorHeart
    ValorHeart
    Community Member
    Options

that's not a solution... i don't want to start working to save my passwords

• ValorHeart
    ValorHeart
    Community Member
    edited July 2014
    Options

hi,on the website http://en.community.dell.com/ when i log in, 1password dosen't promot to save my login details...
    on the website www.carsforum.co.il it saves some weird details and when i try to enter with 1password it dosen't put the correct details..
    also on HP support forums http://h30434.www3.hp.com/ it dosen't ask to save my password details
    also 1password dosen't promot to save details on floating login websites

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

I didn't say it was. I merely suggested some workarounds until the issue is resolved. For example, start using a real browser ;)

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Valorheart,

I've moved this thread to the general 1Password for Windows forum.

It looks like the issue with the auto-save is isolated to our extension in IE, which can work differently from the other browsers due to the limitations of IE. I can confirm the issue with our forum here in IE but not in other browsers. I've filed a bug report to see why auto-save prompt isn't showing up for those overlays and have it fixed.

As Xe997 mentioned, the generic account category (among other older categories) weren't supposed to show up in the newer opvault files and we've fixed that already in the latest beta:

We do plan to improve this further by getting rid of the Wallet/Account group as well since that doesn't exist in other 1Password 4 apps as well.

Thanks for letting us know about these issues, we'll get them fixed as soon as possible.

• ValorHeart
    ValorHeart
    Community Member
    edited July 2014
    Options

Thanks a lot mike, hope it will be fixed

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @ValorHeart‌,

You're welcome. FYI, I merged your other thread about Dell into this one, that's also confirmed as a bug in IE. We'll get it fixed as soon as possible.

This discussion has been closed.