How to Use Password Generator to Strengthen Existing Logins

Options
fourwheelcycle
fourwheelcycle
Community Member

I have used 1P4 for Mac and Windows for several months now, syncing it across my three Macs and my wife's two PCs. I sync all of our 1P4 installations via wifi to a single sync folder that resides on our Time Capsule, a procedure that seems to work but which AgileBits does not recommend (they don't disapprove, they just don't support it).

I have finally learned most of the basics and 1P4 is working perfectly for me. I used to consult a password-locked Excel spreadsheet every time I needed to recall a complex or infrequently used password, but now I just use 1P4 and my life is greatly simplified.

So far, I have not learned how to use 1P4 to strengthen my existing passwords with the password generator. However, with the recent Russian password hacking story all over the news media I think it my be time for me to start using generated passwords on all of my critical (email, financial, and purchasing) Web sites. I searched the forum for a "How To" thread and I was only able to find this older thread from last year: How to change an existing login password in 1Password 4, Started by hansbraul, 22 Nov 2013.

Does anyone know of a newer "How To" blog, FAQ, or User Guide entry AgileBits may have created on this topic since last November?

Comments

This discussion has been closed.