Cannot see Wallet details from 1PasswordAnywhere [Will be fixed in the next update]

Options
SixTwoSix
SixTwoSix
Community Member
edited August 2014 in 1Password 4 for Windows

When I use 1PasswordAnywhere via Dropbox from both Chrome and Firefox browsers, I could not see the details for the items (credit cards) in the Wallet. I am able to see the names of the credit cards, but not the details of these credit cards.

I have attempted to fix the 1Password Vault, but no errors have been found.

Are some of the 1Password files missing in Dropbox?

Appreciate any suggestions anyone can provide.

Thanks.

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @SixTwoSix‌,

If you're seeing these credit card items just fine in the main 1Password program, then the files are fine. The issue might be how 1PasswordAnywhere is reading the data.

Can you create a brand new credit card item in the 1Password program, save it, sync it, and test 1PasswordAnywhere again, does it show the new one properly?

• SixTwoSix
    SixTwoSix
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you @MikeT for your response.

I just added a license to the Wallet and, as before, the license appears in 1PasswordAnywhere, but not the associated information of that license.

I then created another credit card that did show up correctly.

I now have six items in my Wallet, but only one shows up correctly.

Not sure why there's this inconsistency.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @SixTwoSix,

On your Windows PC, go to your 1Password data folder, and delete the 1Password.html file. This won't affect your data, the html file is just the web app that reads the rest of your folder to decrypt it.

Once you do that, open the main 1Password program, unlock, and go to the File Menu > Repair 1Password Data. Does this help at all?

• SixTwoSix
    SixTwoSix
    Community Member
    Options

It still did not work.

I should mentioned that when it did work previously, I had typed in bogus/random information in the fields so that I can quickly verify the credit card info from 1PasswordAnywhere. When I revised the same credit card with the correct information, none of the information for the credit card would show up anymore from 1PasswordAnywhere. I have also tried it with passport and license. When I typed in with random/bogus data, everything shows up from 1PasswordAnywhere. But when I go back and correct the information, none of the fields will appear from 1PasswordAnywhere.

I'm going to try to re-install 1Password to see if this could resolve the glitch.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @SixTwoSix,

What kind of random/bogus information are you referring to? Like creating custom fields and write random text in there or do you mean just editing the existing data with random text?

Does the same thing happen if you create a brand new credit card item with the correct information?

• SixTwoSix
    SixTwoSix
    Community Member
    Options

I meant writing random text in the existing fields so that I could quickly go to 1PasswordAnywhere to see if the information would show up.

When I create a new credit card with the correct information it did not show up from 1PasswordAnywhere.

Also when I edit the random text, which previously showed up correctly from 1PasswordAnywhere, with the correct data, it would no longer show up from 1PasswordAnywhere.

• MikeT
    edited July 2014
    Options

Hi @SixTwoSix,

That's extremely unusual, 1Password nor 1PasswordAnywhere doesn't know the difference between correct text and random text, they're all text.

Can you email us your your diagnostic report to support + FORUM at agilebits.com with a link to this thread. I'd like to see what's going on there.

• SixTwoSix
    SixTwoSix
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT‌,

I've found the cause! When I leave blank the "year" fields in passport, license, and credit cards, everything shows up from 1PasswordAnywhere. For example, as long as I do not fill in the expiry and valid from year, I could see the credit card information from 1PasswordAnywhere.

Same thing with my driver's license, as long as I leave blank the year that I was born, I could see everything else from 1PasswordAnywhere.

Do I still need to email agilebits my diagnostic report?

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @SixTwoSix,

Not yet, let me try to reproduce this on my end first. For now, can you tell me the exact version of 1Password you're using. You can find it in the main program via the Help menu > About 1Password.

• SixTwoSix
    SixTwoSix
    Community Member
    Options

Version 4.0.1.503

I'm still in DEMO mode as I'm still testing out the software. Not sure if that would make any difference.

Thank you for investigating the issue @MikeT.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @SixTwoSix,

I'm sorry about the delay in getting back to you. I can confirm the issue on our side, it is not related to the demo mode. I tested by creating the demo vault in 1Password and it shows the same results that you've mentioned. It won't show up unless I remove the dates. It is definitely a bug in the Windows app where it didn't write the proper format in the HTML file and we'll have this fixed as soon as possible.

• SixTwoSix
    SixTwoSix
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @MikeT‌

Your colleague Kyle was able to resolve the problem last week. He had provided me with a 1Password.html that solved the date issue. You may want to talk to him since he already has the fix. I'm surprised no one else has brought up this problem previously.

• MikeT
    edited August 2014
    Options

Hi @SixtwoSix,

Right, as I mentioned in the previous post, it is a bug in 1Password for Windows in the way it handles the HTML file. This will be fixed in the next update as we've updated the library in the HTML file to handle the data properly.

Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.