USB Sync Windows to Windows

Options

This may be really easy but I am not seeing any information on how to use a USB key to sync/transfer my passwords from one Windows pc to another. I have a desktop that I have used 1password on and would like to sync that data with my laptop. The desktop is wired internet and the laptop wifi. I think I can just use a USB key but was hoping to find a quick step by step overview....no luck yet. Can someone point me the right direction?

Thanks!!

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @tdub4,

The USB isn't a good way to sync your 1Password data because once you disconnect the drive, 1Password will stop working without it, and you won't be able to use your browser extensions.

In your home network, do you use any local sync tool that could work on your computer instead of the USB stick? That would be better as it'd work to sync between your computers while each of them retain their own copy of the data file.

In addition, do you use any cloud sync tools? It would provide a much better experience but I'd understand if you're just trying to use the local network.

Please let me know as much as you can and I'll help you figure out the best way to sync your data.

This discussion has been closed.