Keeping the locking uniform between base app and browser extensions

Options

I upgraded 1Password for Windows to version 4. I would like to see the ability to unlock from any one location and see it open across the base app and all the browser extensions. Sometimes, however, I have the browser extension still open (unlocked) but if I switch to the base app I have to enter the Master Password (it's not unlocked). If it is unlocked in one place, or if it is locked in one place, can that be reflected in all places? Thus if I enter the password to unlock in one place, it will be unlocked in all places? Perhaps the answer is obvious in the settings, but I am not seeing it.

Comments

• chazzunokuthunuchtec
    Options

As an afterthought: I don't know whether this requires 1Password Mini like 1Password 4 for Mac has. Hopefully still possible, but I don't know. One example: if I lock my computer and it locks 1Password, I might come back and unlock via the browser extension but still see the base app locked. Perhaps there is a way for one unlock to apply to the base app and other browsers as well?

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

if I lock my computer and it locks 1Password, I might come back and unlock via the browser extension but still see the base app locked.

This bug has been fixed in 4.0.2.BETA-504

• chazzunokuthunuchtec
    Options

Very good. I really appreciate that, and will see it when it is released in the next stable release.
    By the way, thank you for the Mac version. My home computer is a Mac and I love 1Password for Mac and for iOS. This is a work computer.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @chazzunokuthunuchtec‌,

You're absolutely welcome, I'm glad you're loving 1Password on all platforms. :P

This discussion has been closed.