1Password not filling in or auto-saving

Options

Comments

• LukeAu
    LukeAu
    Community Member
    Options

Created an account here, hoping for help. I actually paid to upgrade from an ancient version of 1Password that worked flawlessly every site I visited I could press CTRL + \ and it would log me in successfully. After upgrading the application is basically made of pure failure. Not a single site I try will auto log me in with that key combination it pops up a stupid menu where my only option is "Search" or select the site I want to login into from a list of about ~200 entries. It's crazy to go backwards in functionality like this, takes ten times as long to log in to sites. I want to go back to the old version, but even after I found an old version on my computer, I can't register it my key doesn't work as it's been "upgraded". I feel quite ripped off right now.

• LukeAu
    LukeAu
    Community Member
    Options

Heh, quite amusing I just signed out of these forums and thought I'd try signing back in. 1Password doesn't prompt to create a new login for this site.

Using the latest version of Firefox if you are curious. Plugin installed.

• MikeT
    edited August 2014
    Options

Hi @LukeAu,

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with the Firefox extension. To have it fail on all sites doesn't sound right, considering our extension's filling code is actually identical between 1Password 1 and 4 for Windows. In other words, pressing CTRL+\ shouldn't even show you the new UI, it should've filled in and submit like it used to do in the previous extension. The fact that it starts with Search means that it doesn't see you have a login for the site anyway.

Based on the limited info you gave me, I tried to log into our forum here using Firefox 31 with 1Password 4.2.5 beta 1, Windows 8, and 1Password 4.0.1, and it works for me:

It then did fill and submit for me pressing the Control + \ with no menu.

Can you confirm the following for me, so we can try to reproduce it:

1. What versions of 1Password, Windows, and Firefox do you have installed, please be specific with the version numbers.
    2. In Firefox, what is the version of the 1Password extension you have installed. You can go to Firefox's Add-on page to see it.
    3. Does filling work in Internet Explorer?
  • MikeT
    Options

Hi @lukeAu,

I just found your post in the other thread saying it's working after adding a registry tweak. I assume you're all set now?

This discussion has been closed.