Keeps asking to resave PW's

Options

Why does the software always ask to save a password each time I go to a website, even though I've already saved it? (I tried setting it to Lenient URL Matching, but no difference.) Also, I'm on a trial basis still, if that makes a difference.

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @mbeck,

It shouldn't at all. Can you tell me which browser you're using and the installed 1Password extension version in that browser?

If you're not using Internet Explorer, can you test it there and see if it happens there.

• mbeck
    mbeck
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Mike,
    I'm using Chrome. The extension is version: 4.2.4.90

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Why does the software always ask to save a password each time I go to a website, even though I've already saved it?

How are you logging into that website? Are you using 1Password? Or are you entering your username and password manually? (without 1Password)

I'm on a trial basis still, if that makes a difference.

This should not make any difference. Other than a few nag screens, the trial version is fully functional.

• mbeck
    mbeck
    Community Member
    Options

When I visit a website (in Chrome) that already exists in 1Password, it asks me to resave it. Every time.

• Mark Gardner
    Mark Gardner
    Community Member
    Options

I spent $60 on this program and I still have yet to get it to work properly. I had problems with dropbox and I too am having the same issue of saving the password even though it has already been saved.
    Im using Google chrome with the plug in version 3.9.21.90

• mbeck
    mbeck
    Community Member
    Options

I thought this was going to be a great alternative to Roboform, but doesn't look like it's worth investing in.

• Mark Gardner
    Mark Gardner
    Community Member
    Options

Ive figured it out

You need to use the browser extension and go to your websites from there. I just visited 12 websites using the browser extension (and not my google bookmarks) and it worked perfectly. Every website was signed into and you are logged in. Thats what I wasnt doing.

I was using my Google chrome bookmarks to go to the websites and that is where I am prompted for the password again. It seems silly now, but that is how the program is suppose to be used. Use the browser extension as if that is your set of bookmarks.

Ill being making a tutorial about this to clear up the problem / misunderstanding.

And I hope an Agilebits person doesnt come along to say "thats right" because its been awhile since I posted my post

Now, I just have to know how to remove those duplicate bookmarks in the browser extension.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

You can carry on using your Chrome bm's if you like. It should not affect the matching against your logins.

That said. I personally use 1P as my secure site bm list.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

Oh, and you can clean up duplicates in the nain app.

• MikeT
    edited September 2014
    Options

Hi guys,

@mechk, it sounds like you have a configuration issue that’s telling 1Password what you’re entering is a new one. Can you please email us your diagnostic report to support + FORUM at agilebits.com with a link to this thread.

@“Mark Gardner”:

Im using Google chrome with the plug in version 3.9.21.90

If you open the main 1Password program, go to the Help Menu > About 1Password, what version do you have?

The reason I asked is because it sounds like you just bought 1Password and in that case, you should be running 1Password 4.

This discussion has been closed.