Multiple vault support

Options
verket
verket
Community Member
edited October 2014 in Android

Do you support multiple vaults in the Android product (I can't seem to find it)?

Is there a platform compatibility matrix so I can see how the Android product stacks up to my other platforms? For example, I love to see the answer to this as well as the capability to create the initial dropbox sync file.

Thanks...
Paul

Comments

• saad
    edited July 2014
    Options

Hi Paul! 1Password 4 is available on Mac, Windows, iOS and Android (4.0+).

Multiple vaults is not yet supported in 1Password 4 for Android. It is something that's on our roadmap and the team will be looking into it in the near future. As for agilekeychain (data file) creation on Android, this will be available very soon and will be added as part of an update on the Play Store. Right now setting up sync requires you to have an existing data file created on 1Password for Mac or Windows. You're more than welcome to use our trial version to accomplish this! Please let us know if you need any assistance in setting up sync on your computer.

• mtakacs
    mtakacs
    Community Member
    Options

eagerly awaiting multiple vault support. It'll be great to be able to access my work vault from the phone.

• saad
    Options

Thanks for your feedback @mtakacs‌! I'll add your vote for multiple vault support.

• Allen Chan
    Allen Chan
    Community Member
    Options

This is the one thing that is keeping me from buying 1password. Please implement this feature soon

• Thanks for the feedback, Allen! I've added your vote for multiple vaults. :)

internal reference number: OPA-97

• misterbiscuit
    misterbiscuit
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, 1Password 4 for Android team! Please add my vote for multiple vault support for 1Password 4 for Android. Thanks!

• saad
    Options

@misterbiscuit‌ Added your vote. :) Thank you for your feedback.

• Valerie_M
    Valerie_M
    Community Member
    Options

Please add my vote for multiple vault support for Android! Thank you.

• gardnervh
    gardnervh
    Community Member
    Options

Another vote for multiple vault support ..

For me, this is a significant pain point and substantially reduces the value of the product.

• jrotondo
    jrotondo
    Community Member
    Options

Another upvote for me!

• mtakacs
    mtakacs
    Community Member
    Options

Is there a suggested workaround at least? The only thing I can think of would be to uninstall the entire app, and reinstall it pointing at the other vault? Im not sure that'll even work. Sometimes I really need a work password when im remote, and it sucks to litter my personal vault with those "just this once" work passwords.

• saad
    Options

Thank you for your votes everyone! We really appreciate it.

• saad
    Options

@mtakacs‌ Unfortunately there are no workarounds I can recommend with 1Password 4 at this time. I am so sorry for the inconvenience :( Our team is looking into adding native support for multiple vaults in 1Password 4.

• Ben Fisher
    Ben Fisher
    Community Member
    Options

This is driving me crazy too. Has made 1Password unusable on/from my Android.

• saad
    Options

I'm sorry to hear how much this is affecting you. I added your vote for this request and I really hope we can get this out soon.

• kelchm
    kelchm
    Community Member
    Options

Adding my vote for this feature as well.

• saad
    Options

Thanks for your vote @kelchm

• JonAllsebrook
    JonAllsebrook
    Community Member
    Options

Can I add my vote please... just spent ages separating out work and personal (yeah don't ask me why its taken me so long when have used 1p for ever...) and just went to the android app and doh no multiple vaults!!!

• jondary
    jondary
    Community Member
    Options

Please add my vote here. I've got one personal vault and one shared with my wife. Right now I can't access the shared one from Android, which means I can't access any password I create and stored there, and I can't log in. The workaround I found is to log into Dropbox and use the web version but it's not optimized for mobile screen and is hard to use.

• Thank you @JonAllsebrook‌ and @jondary‌ for your feedback. I can understand the importance of this feature and I will pass on your votes to our team.

• Josh Matz
    Josh Matz
    Community Member
    Options

+1 to multiple vault support on Android, please. I'm coming from LastPass and evaluating 1Password, was looking forward to using that feature and turns out I can't!

• Brian Mudd
    Brian Mudd
    Community Member
    Options

Wish I had started out here. My daughter who uses Mac products said how great this product was. My problem is how do I move my vault to dropbox? It is already set up in the android app cache on my phone and tablet.

• Thanks for your vote Josh.

• Hey Brian! Have you already set up sync to your device's local storage? If you haven't set up sync yet, you can go into 1Password Settings > Sync and enable sync. From here, you can choose either Dropbox or your device storage for sync. Let me know if you're able to set up sync to Dropbox!

• NikC
    NikC
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for multiple vault support for Android for me too.

• saad
    Options

Thank you for your vote!

• StefanoGiacomelli
    StefanoGiacomelli
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi everyone, me too in the same troubles about multiple vaults missing feature.
    I'm very worried about the time the AgileBits developer team release new features.

Obviously I've already purchased the premium features.

Also I have to remostrate because the help file said textually:
    "(iOS, Android) Vaults can be opened and their contents edited, but they cannot yet be created".

This statement appears to be a little... strange.

To me it seems be possible edit vaults (plural!) even yet is not possible create them.

So I created an additional vault other the main vault on my Mac.

Also I synced it with no hussle within the same folder the main vault has its own .agilekeychain and in a few seconds I had both folders .agilekeychain on my smartphone.

Unfortunately, here the app has no way to choose a different vault other the main one.

But than, perhaps, you meant the app cannot manage multiple vault AT ALL!

If you declare the problem is just the vault creation process on Android, you implicitly authorize people thinking if someone feed another vault on such device, 1P for Android can manage its contents. But that's false!

I bought the premium feature in the persuasion many vaults could be managed.

So change the help file for a better explaination untill the feature will be really available and, please, rise the priority of such development to the maximum.

Thanks

sg

• opafritz
    opafritz
    Community Member
    Options

Any development on this matter? Please count my vote for this...

• Kim_Dowling
    Kim_Dowling
    Community Member
    Options

+1
    This would be very useful.

• saad
    Options

Thank you all for your votes for multiple vault support.

@StefanoGiacomelli I'm so sorry for the confusion. On iOS, it's possible to view multiple vaults but you cannot create secondary vaults. On Android, however, we do not have support for multiple vaults at all. I will add your vote for this request and will pass on your feedback to update our documentation. Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.