Why won't my license key work? Why do I HAVE to buy the new version??

Options

I'm confused...

If this is what's happening, I am sick of AgileBits upgrading software versions and then making me buy it AGAIN.

It happened once with the app I had on my ios devices. Now, I'm trying to reinstall it on a computer I have (had to wipe for technical support reasons), and when I try to enter it, I'm told that "the license key won't work for 1password 4, but you're eligible for a discount!"

I don't think so. I don't think a company can force people to keep re-buying a product every time it's upgraded.. (and no longer offer the older version that they PAID for).

Please tell me I'm missing something here, and this isn't the way this is supposed to work...

Respectfully,
Rob (a pissed off customer)

Comments

• MikeT
    edited August 2014
    Options

Hi @Robjude,

You can find 1Password 1.x for Windows here: https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPW3, which includes the download link for every version of 1Password 1.x for Windows. Here's the direct download link for the latest version: https://cache.agilebits.com/dist/1P/win/1Password-1.0.9.341.exe

We do and will always keep copies of all 1Password versions for everybody to always download at no extra cost. Your license key will work fine in 1Password 1.x for Windows forever and 1Password 1 will not stop working as long as you keep using the supported configurations it was designed for.

To reinstall 1Password 1.x for your PC, first, uninstall the 1Password 4 version if you don't want to keep it via the Control Panel, reboot, and you can now install 1Password 1.x.

If you want, you can use your current license key to upgrade at a discount for 1Password 4 for Windows if you want to but you are not required to. We do not offer lifetime free upgrades, each new version of 1Password will require a separate cost and this is common in the software industry, we want to be able to survive and feed our families just as you do, and rarely does a software company survive on no paid upgrades.

I hope that helps, please let me know.

This discussion has been closed.