Windows 8.1 RT?

Options

If I have an HP Split 13x2 PC that functions as a laptop / tablet, will the download not work for me? Don't want to spend $50 if it won't work. Thanks.

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @BrandGuy,

We don't support the RT version of Windows, only the regular x86 desktop version of Windows 8/8.1.

• BandGuy
    BandGuy
    Community Member
    Options

So, is a laptop / tablet on the RT version of Windows?

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @BandGuy,

I'm not familiar with HP Split hybrid but the google search suggests it is the full version of Windows.

If you open the start screen from your laptop and click on Desktop, you should be able to open the regular desktop programs there, including 1Password.

We do offer 30-day unlimited trial versions of 1Password, so you can try it on your laptop without paying. You can download it from here: http://agilebits.com/downloads

• BandGuy
    BandGuy
    Community Member
    Options

I just looked up the Windows Edition on my computer and it says Windows 8.1. I guess if it doesn't specifically say RT afterwards that it is the regular edition?

• MikeT
    Options

Yes, it would just say Windows RT.

• BandGuy
    BandGuy
    Community Member
    Options

Excellent. Thanks.

• BandGuy
    BandGuy
    Community Member
    Options

Just ordered it for my computer. Looks good. Thanks.

• MikeT
    Options

Thanks for the purchase, we really appreciate it!

To get a feeling of how to use the 1Password program, check out the user guide via the Help Menu > 1Password's User Guide any time.

• BandGuy
    BandGuy
    Community Member
    Options

Okay. So, the program seems to be going pretty good so far. One thing: I downloaded the free demo app on both Windows and Android devices before upgrading the Windows device. I believe you guys are waiting till the 14th to release the premium version for Android? Anyway, now that I am on the premium version on Windows, it won't sync new passwords and information with my Android Demo. Any advice? If I upgrade on Android as well, will it then start syncing again?

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @BandGuy,

You are using the premium version of 1Password for Android right now with no restrictions. On the 18th, 1Password will revert to the freemium version and will keep showing you your data for free but you have to pay to restore the premium features.

In the meantime, the sync should be working just fine. If you create a new item in the Android app, does it show up in the Windows app?

• BandGuy
    BandGuy
    Community Member
    Options

I haven't tried changing anything on the Android App. But have changed a bunch of stuff on the Windows App and it doesn't seem to be downloading. For example, I changed the unlock password on Windows, but that doesn't seem to be working on the Android App and all the subsequent passwords I changed on Windows did not transfer to my Android App.

• MikeT
    edited August 2014
    Options

Hi @Bandguy,

The changes you made, did the Android app mentioned it was downloading them without any errors? Can you unlock 1Password on the Android device with the new master password or you're still unlocking with the previous one?

• BandGuy
    BandGuy
    Community Member
    Options

I have to use the old one.

• MikeT
    edited September 2014
    Options

It seems like one of the app is no longer syncing, it's not yet clear as to which one. To track this down, can you email us your diagnostic report to support + FORUM at agilebits.com with a link to this thread.

Thanks!

• BandGuy
    BandGuy
    Community Member
    Options

Is this the correct email address: supportforum@agilebits.com

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

Put a + symbol in between support and forum and you've got it.

• What Richard said :D

This discussion has been closed.