Issues with Cross Platform - Mac, iOS, Windows and Windows Phone

Options
laugher
laugher
Community Member
edited August 2014 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I've had a couple of websites that didn't work well with 1Password in the past but have found workarounds with them now so had the impression that all was rosy and order has been restored. Finally...until...

• 1Password for Windows (on Windows 7 Ultimate) version 1.0.9.341
  • 1Password for Windows Phone 8 (on Nokia Lumia Icon/930 running Windows Phone 8.1)
  • 1Password for Mac OS X (on Mac OS X Mavericks) version 4.4.1 (441006)
  • 1Password for iOS (on iPad Air) version 4.5.3
  1. 1Password on Mac OS X and iOS - works perfectly. Everything is in order. All logins, secure notes, credit cards, etc are accounted for.
  2. 1Password for Windows Phone...hmm...weird problems. Opens up login records to garbage and gibberish and is currently not well integrated with the browsers I use on the phone
  3. 1Password for Windows PC - works well until I noticed that it only had 116 logins. Mac OS X and iOS versions shows 130 logins. I noticed I have lost my hotmail credentials.

All are using dropbox and are pointing to the same relative dropbox directory; ...\Dropbox\1Password\1Password.agilekeychain

Can anyone explain and then tell me what I can do to fix the issue I am seeing on my Windows PC? I don't see Windows Phone version improving much...

Comments

• laugher
    laugher
    Community Member
    Options

Uninstalled Windows v1.0.9.341. Found Windows version 4.0.1.503. Strange I didn't get any communications around this.

Still the same problem.

• 116 login records.
    • No hotmail.
    • Mac OS X and iOS still showing 130 login records.
    • Windows PC showing 116 login records.
    • 1Password for Windows Phone version Beta 1.5.0.6 showing 117 records!

Backed up the agilekeychain directory and on the Windows PC, cicked File --> Repair 1Password Vault. Repair completed. No change.

Not good.

• laugher
    laugher
    Community Member
    Options

Went through each login, physically comparing the one on the Mac to the ones on the Windows version. Edited and re-saved the ones on the Mac that were missing on the Windows version and that fixed the problem. 8-|

• MikeT
    edited August 2014
    Options

Hi @laugher,

I’m sorry to see you were having sync issues.

First thing first, just to make sure it is working properly, can you create a new test item in 1Password for Mac and sync it, see if it shows up in both the iOS and Windows apps.

I have a feeling I know what it is. 1Password 4 for Mac and iOS doesn't have the deprecated Accounts group that 1Password 1/4 for Windows still have. That means you may see different item counts because majority of the Account items are converted to Logins in 1Password 4 for Mac/iOS. While they're converted in these apps, as long as you don't change them, we don't sync them back (because they haven't been modified, so no point to sync them), and it remains as Account items in the Windows app.

That will explain why the Mac and iOS apps show higher item counts for Logins.

Once these items were modified like what you just did, it will get sync'ed back as a converted Login items and show up as such in the Windows app.

Based on what you've said, it sounds like that was the problem. That does mean your missing items were more likely in the Accounts group of the Windows app and wasn't really missing. I do apologize for the confusion here.

• laugher
    laugher
    Community Member
    edited August 2014
    Options

Hi MikeT - You might be right and it may have something to do with how the Windows development team think of logins vs accounts. However, I should say that I typed in my email addresses for hotmail in the 1Password search field and that didn't produce the missing hotmail accounts. I also did a search against the "All" folder to the left hand side of the 1Password 4 for Windows Desktop app and that didn't find them either. I believe search looks through everything including passwords generated.

Discrepancies of basic functionality like this needs to be prioritized to be fixed asap in my opinion as it just generates unnecessary incidents and messages on these forums. My 2c worth.

Hope this information helps you guys find what it is. I know I could have generated a dump of some description to help nail it but I needed my records on my Windows PC pretty urgently (instead of having to manually type in information). Next time perhaps.

I should add...

The missing records are all kind of next to each other. For example, I had 2 hotmail logins missing, 2 LinkedIn logins, Mcdonalds login, McKinsey's login (next to each other), university portal login, an online pizza joint login and online books portal login. As soon as I fixed the hotmail logins (they were first to be fixed by being re-saved), the logins jumped from 116 to 123! So it found others which I might not have listed here.

• MikeT
    edited August 2014
    Options

Hi @laugher,

I believe search looks through everything including passwords generated.

By default, it only searches through the title. Which means your email address wouldn't return anything if it is not in the title. If you search for hotmail, does it show up?

In 1Password 4, we added the ability to search through all fields. If you click on the search icon next to the search field, it show the scopes you can select.

Discrepancies of basic functionality like this needs to be prioritized to be fixed asap in my opinion as it just generated unnecessary incidents and messages on these forums. My 2c worth.

We are planning to push everybody over to a new data format (which won't require any conversions or anything of this sort) that'll make all the 1Password 4 apps show the same consistent categories and this is one of our top priorities. Unfortunately, I don't have a timeframe on that's going to happen because we're still working on getting this format ready in the other platforms.

Hope this information helps you guys

It does, thank you very much!

• laugher
    laugher
    Community Member
    Options

Hi MikeT - thanks for the tip around the search. I'll remember to drop down to Search All Fields in the future. :)

• MikeT
    Options

You're welcome! If there's anything else we can help you with, don't hesitate to let us know here or you can always email us at support AT agilebits.com for private email support.

This discussion has been closed.