No autofill with keyboard shortcut on Chrome

Options

Hello,

I've just installed 1password for Windows. It works fine except I can't manage to make the login shortcut work.

I've selected the option 'auto-submit logins', and I've tried many 'login keyboard shortcuts' but I can't find any that works on chrome. Doing a right click, selecting '1password' and then the login works though.

Am I missing something ?

Comments

• LauraR
    edited August 2014
    Options

Hi @posf‌

Ctrl+\ should invoke the 1Password extension to fill the displayed form.

Please can you make sure you have latest version of the 1Password Chrome extension? Could you try uninstalling the 1Password Chrome extension and then reinstalling.

To uninstall:

1. Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar. --- the icon is 3 lines, on the far right.
    2. Click Tools.
    3. Select Extensions.
    4. Click the trash can icon to the right of the extension you'd like to completely remove.
    5. A confirmation dialog appears, click Remove.
    6. Now, from the 1Password app, select Preferences, Browsers and reinstall the extension.

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

• posf
    posf
    Community Member
    Options

CTRL + \ is not convenient for me as I use a French AZERTY keyboard and '\' is not easy to access.
    But I've reinstalled the extension like you suggested, and changed the shortcut to CTRL+*. Now it perfectly works.

Thanks for your help.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @posf,

That's great, I'm glad it's now working properly. On behalf of Laura, you're welcome.

As for the keyboard shortcut, that's why we provide the option to change it. It's difficult to figure out the best shortcut for each locale and so, we feel it is best left up to customers to decide.

This discussion has been closed.