1Password is not working as it should. This is my config:

• 1Password for Windows v4.0.1.503 DEMO mode
  • Chrome Browser v36.0.1985.125 m
  • Chrome 1Password extention v4.2.4.90
  • Kaspesky Internet Security 2015 - default settings
  • Firefox Browser v31.0 with 1Password ext v4.2.4
  • Windows 8.1 Pro N (no media package)

Behaviour:

• nothing happening when I click 1Password icon (the key button) in both Firefox and Chrome;
  • 1Password does not offer to save logins in neither browsers;
  • I can only add information (logins, accounts, etc) in 1Password's client program;
  • in the client's File/Preferences/Browsers Chrome's extention appears as if not installed (there's a button that tells me to install it); Firefox appears as installed (green checkmark);
  • CTRL+\ works, as in it opens a menu I can navigate in and I CAN log into sites by doing that (it autocompletes and clicks)

Awaiting instructions. Do let me know if there's anything else I can do to help fix this.

Thanks,

8fold

Comments

• 8fold
    8fold
    Community Member
    Options

Also, Auto-Save and Auto-Submit logins is checked in the settings. Manual "Save New Login" does not work.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@8fold‌ please follow these steps

• LukeAu
    LukeAu
    Community Member
    Options

Exact same issues, posted in another thread but found this one.

1Password for Windows v4.0.1.503
    Firefox 31
    1Password Browser Extension 4.2.4
    Windows 8.1 Pro

Same - nothing happening when I click 1Password icon (the key button) in both Firefox and Chrome;
    Same - 1Password does not offer to save logins in neither browsers;
    Same - I can only add information (logins, accounts, etc) in 1Password's client program;
    Same - Firefox appears as installed (green checkmark);
    Not quite - CTRL+\ works, as in it opens a menu but I have to manually select the login, auto login is not working. If I choose the login it opens in a new tab and logs me in (mostly).

• LukeAu
    LukeAu
    Community Member
    Options

Reg hack above seems to have worked for me. Why is that required now that Windows is out of Beta?

• 8fold
    8fold
    Community Member
    edited August 2014
    Options

Thank you. Adding the registry entry solved the problem.

However, Chrome plugin still appears as uninstalled in File/Preferences/Browsers.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi guys,

@LukeAu,

Reg hack above seems to have worked for me. Why is that required now that Windows is out of Beta?

In 1Password 4, we started verifying the code signatures of the browsers from where our extensions are connecting from. This lets us block any extensions that may be installed in unauthorized browser copies, basically any browser version that has not been signed or released by the companies who made these browsers.

Kaspersky for some reason have a problem with the way we're doing it and we've been trying to work with them. Hopefully, in the near future, the registry hack will not be needed.

@8fold,

Do you mean inside the 1Password's preferences? That might be because of Kaspersky, you can ignore that for now as we'll keep talking with them to figure out a better way to work together.

• 8fold
    8fold
    Community Member
    edited August 2014
    Options

@MikeT Yes, inside the 1Password's preferences, on the "Browsers" tab, the button next to Crome sais "Install Crome Extension", instead of "Installed v4.2.4". However that's the only issue. It is working fine, though it should be fixed, as it might confuse some people. Thank you.

• MikeT
    Options

We'll keep an eye on that. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.