Keyboard and mouse lag

Options

After upgrading my Chrome extension to version 4 I've noticed a significant amount of lag with both the keyboard and mouse when Agile1PAgent.exe is running. I was able to stop the keyboard lag by removing the login shortcut in preferences (as was posted in another thread) but I can't get rid of the mouse lag. There's about a 1/4 second pause every time I click anywhere, not just in Chrome. I tried the latest beta of the extension, but the same thing. Is there another setting I can use to disable the mouse hook?

I've had to uninstall the extension until it's is fixed.

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @AdamRuth,

That doesn't sound right. The other thread you're referring to, it is about the keyboard/mouse lag during the update check and unlocking the extension or program. If you're saying it is happening all the time, then that is a different issue.

Do you have any program on your computer that monitors your keyboard/mouse, not just 1Password. Any macros app, text expansion or anything like that?

Right now, there isn't any other setting. We're planning to remove the mouse hook if you uncheck the Lock after <> minutes of inactivity in a future update. I don't have a timeframe on when we'll add that, stay tuned for the changelog to see it.

In the meantime, do you use a logitech mouse? Have you try uninstalling the drivers for it?

• AdamRuth
    AdamRuth
    Community Member
    Options

I've eliminated every possibility I can think of. I have a basic Microsoft optical mouse. I have a Logitech keyboard and I uninstalled its drivers. I also stopped every service that can be stopped, disabled Microsoft defender, and killed every process except the essential system ones and the symptoms are still there. As I type the Agile1PAgent.exe process jumps up to 12% (I have 8 cores, so that's 100% on one of the cores) and as soon as I kill that process everything returns to normal. I re-installed the version 1 plugin and there isn't a problem, so it does seem to be associated with the version 4 agent. I'm not sure what else there could be a conflict with.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @AdamRuth,

In the latest 1Password beta, we've added extra code to remove the mouse hook if you uncheck the inactivity lock option in 1Password.

Can you try this and see if it'll work better:

1. Open the main 1Password program, unlock, and press the Preferences button to go to the Updates section
    2. Check Include Beta Updates before pressing OK.
    3. Go to the Help Menu > Check for New Versions..., it should prompt you to update to 4.0.2 beta 507.
    4. Now, after the beta is installed, open 1Password Preferences again to go to the Security section to uncheck Lock after <> minutes of inactivity and press OK.
    5. Reboot your PC and see if the system is working better.
  • AdamRuth
    AdamRuth
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, that seems to have fixed the problem, it's running just fine now.

• MikeT
    edited September 2014
    Options

Hi @AdamRuth,

That's great news, I'm glad it is working much better now. I'm still concerned that such a drastic measure is needed on your computer. Would you mind emailing us your diagnostic report to support + FORUM at agilebits.com with a link to this thread.

The information stored in the report might help us find a pattern if we see another user reporting the same issue.

Thanks in advance!

• AdamRuth
    AdamRuth
    Community Member
    Options

Sure, no problem. Would you prefer the diagnostic report from before the beta or would it matter? I could re-install the non beta and get you both reports if that would be helpful to you.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @AdamRuth,

Whatever you're using right now is fine. It wouldn't change the details we want to see as the issue is outside of 1Password, we'd like to see the system type, driver versions and so on.

Thanks!

• AdamRuth
    AdamRuth
    Community Member
    Options

Sounds good, the report is on the way.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @AdamRuth,

Your email with the report has been received; thanks so much for sending that in! Hopefully it'll have some helpful information about what causes this issue, like @MikeT‌ mentioned. :)

ref: SVI-57689-889

This discussion has been closed.