Dropbox sync gone haywire

Options

I'm a longtime user of 1password and have a LOT of information in my vault. I got new computer and successfully installed 1password and synced it to my vault. However soon after two things happened that, each alone, are not problems. But together these are quite troubling.

1) I had to reinstall windows 7 and therefore wiped out my 1password install
2) I cleared my dropbox data completely...emptied the entire folder.

My dropbox data still resides on my old computer (including a working 1password vault). However I now cannot, to save my life, get the old vault file to be seen by my new install on my new computer via dropbox. It should be simple but I can not figure this out. I've even got the new install of 1password to open a vault file from dropbox but it doesn't contain any of my old data...just one random password from during the transition that never got saved to my real vault on dropbox.

I'd appreciate any help!

Comments

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

You can restore the deleted files using the Dropbox website.
    See this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/138708#Comment_138708

• bosox75m
    bosox75m
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. I just restored files as you suggested. But when I select any of the restored folders I get the error "this is not a 1password vault." Any other way to troubleshoot?

All my logins remain intact on my iphone and original computer. There's got to be a way to drop these files into a folder I can browse to on my new computer via dropbox.

• MikeT
    edited September 2014
    Options

Hi @bosox75m‌,

Make sure you're selecting the 1Password.agilekeychain folder itself, not go inside it or select a different folder. When it says this is not a 1Password vault, it generally means you're selecting the wrong folder.

If you still can't get it to work, the other way is to get 1Password on the old PC to re-sync the vault to Dropbox again. To help you do this, please email us your diagnostic report to support + FORUM at agilebits.com with a link to this thread.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.