Multiple accounts on a laptop via NAS sync

Options

Hi, I have a 1Password family license for windows and I have have installed two programm versions on two different computers. They are runing without problems. One of this versions is also running on a Laptop (either by programm icon or as browser integration on Firefox). The 1Password data are located on a NAS system. Now I would like to install a second 1Password version on the same Laptop, using the datafile for this account beeing located on the NAS server. This is not working. Do you have any solution to solve this problem? Thanks a lot for your help.

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Schlicklaufer‌,

Now I would like to install a second 1Password version on the same Laptop, using the datafile for this account beeing located on the NAS server. This is not working.

1. Is this a second Windows account on the same laptop or you're trying to install a second instance of 1Password in the same account?
    2. How are you storing or syncing your data file between your computers and the NAS? Are you using a sync tool from the NAS to sync two copies of the data file or are you mounting a network drive hosted by the NAS? We generally do not support nor recommend using a network drive with 1Password data files.
    3. If you have a local sync tool to store and sync two copies, one on the local drive and one on the NAS, you can do that. That shouldn't be a problem. If this is exactly what you are doing, can you tell me what's not working?

Please give me more details about your NAS setup with your computers, so I can understand what it looks like. If you don't want to share it here, you can send me a private message here or you can email us at support+windows@agilebits.com and we'll help you with this.

This discussion has been closed.