Upgraded to version 4, browser plugins missing features?

Options

Since upgrading from version 3 to 4 yesterday, I have noticed that the options offered by the Firefox and Chrome browser plugins seem like a real downgrade. I used to be able to edit the account details right from the browser popup, and copy the account name or password from the popup so that I could paste it manually, but there seems to be no option to do so anymore. I can only click the account name to make it autofill.

Will these features be making it back into the browser plugins? Or will we need to open up the full app every time we want to edit details or copy only the password?

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @irandamay‌,

You might find my post here useful to understand why in some areas of the browser extensions, it is missing some features.

We do plan to improve everything about the extensions itself, including the ability to let you edit in the future.

Right now, you can right-click on the Login item to see its details and then click on the field to copy its field, like the password. There's an option to open the item in 1Password app to start editing it.

• irandamay
    irandamay
    Community Member
    Options

Ah ha... thanks! I kept hovering over the item expecting that popout window to show up then... I did not think of right clicking it. :\">

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @irandamay‌,

We're hoping to make that possible too, to match the experience on the Mac and/or previous extension versions.

You're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.