1Password for Windows Beta and license [Yes, betas will expire regardless of the license]

Options
KeithWeisshar
KeithWeisshar
Community Member
edited August 2014 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I have already purchased the 1Password 4 for Windows license and registered the key. If I switch auto-update to include beta and then update to the beta version, will the beta version still expire?

Comments

• MikeT
    edited August 2014
    Options

Hi @KeithWeisshar‌,

Yes, the betas will expire regardless of the license status. This is intentional to prevent folks from using old beta copies of 1Password with bugs that has been fixed in the later beta builds.

• KeithWeisshar
    KeithWeisshar
    Community Member
    edited August 2014
    Options

I updated to the beta version by setting auto-update to include beta version and then checking for updates and installing it automatically. Will auto-update to the newer beta build work even if the beta expires or do I need to download it manually? If I turn off the beta options in the auto-update preferences and then check for updates it doesn't revert back to the stable version. Do I need to uninstall the beta and then reinstall the previous version if I want to revert back? Version 4.0.2.BETA-507 expires on 9/30/2014.

• MikeT
    edited August 2014
    Options

Hi @KeithWeisshar‌,

Will auto-update to the newer beta build work even if the beta expires or do I need to download it manually?

If the beta expired on your PC, you'll need to download a new beta manually. We generally release a new beta in time to avoid anybody seeing an expired build.

Do I need to uninstall the beta and then reinstall the previous version if I want to revert back? Version 4.0.2.BETA-507 expires on 9/30/2014.

Yes, that's the best way to revert back to the stable version. We will have a new beta before 9/30 and that'll extend the expiration date to the next month.

• KeithWeisshar
    KeithWeisshar
    Community Member
    edited August 2014
    Options

When will the next stable version be out?

• MikeT
    edited August 2014
    Options

Hi @KeithWeisshar‌,

We don't have any ETAs. We'll release it when it is ready.

• KeithWeisshar
    KeithWeisshar
    Community Member
    Options

I clicked Repair 1password Vault while using the beta and got a message saying the vault has been repaired. Will it cause issues if I need to revert back?

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @KeithWeisshar‌,

No, you should be all good to go. The repair should not change anything that'd break compatibility between betas and stable.

Always make sure you back up your 1Password data (or any data) when it comes to using the betas.

This discussion has been closed.