I need to switch to Dropbox if I want to sync with 1Password on Windows [Yes or Wi-Fi sync]

Options
Glenn Rhodes
Glenn Rhodes
Community Member
edited August 2014 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I chose iCloud as my sync when installing 1Password on my Mac. If this app is going to work for me, I need a clean and easy way to use it across my Mac, iPhone, iPad and Windows PC. Do I understand correctly iCloud sync does not work for the Windows? So now I have to change my sync on the Mac to DropBox? This seems cumbersome so I wanted to double check first. And I am not a frequent DropBox user so just want to confirm the easiest way to accomplish my use case.

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Glenn Rhodes‌,

You are correct! iCloud is Apple's exclusive sync service, which only works on OS X and iOS. That might change in the near future as iCloud Drive could lead the way to extending Apple's sync service to Windows.

In your case, you'd want to switch to Dropbox or if you're using 1Password 4 on Windows, we do offer the local Wi-Fi sync. I'd suggest choosing Dropbox because Wi-Fi sync don't support attachments at the moment.

If you need any help with the switch, let us know, and we'll help you. You just have to disable iCloud sync on both iOS and Mac, enable the sync to Dropbox on both, and then test the sync between both. If it looks good, wait for Dropbox to finish its sync on your PC, and then open 1Password, it should detect there's a data file in your Dropbox right away and if you'd like to use it.

• Glenn Rhodes
    Glenn Rhodes
    Community Member
    Options

Ok will give it a try.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Glenn Rhodes‌,

Good luck, be sure to let us know if you need further assistance.

• Glenn Rhodes
    Glenn Rhodes
    Community Member
    Options

Everything is syncing now. Thanks!

• MikeT
    Options

That's awesome, I'm glad you're all set.

You're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.