Issues with iCloud Sync

Options
sjk
sjk
1Password Alumni
This discussion was created from comments split from: iCloud sync isn't working.

Comments

• 0sprey
    0sprey
    Community Member
    edited August 2014
    Options

I have an iMac, MacBook Air, iPhone 5S and an iPad. I recently changed my bankcard number on the MacBook and it does not show up on the other devices. Confusingly, it did alter a few of the numbers in the sequence on the iPhone, but did not sync the entire number. Finally, I just created this login to Agilebits on my MB, did a full restart and it still does not show up on the phone (I am not near the other devices at the moment). I am syncing with iCloud. Or NOT syncing with iCloud, it would seem.

• jameshobart
    jameshobart
    Community Member
    Options

Hi There, similar issue here - Updates on my MBP are not propogating to my phone. Cannot delete the DB from iCloud to start over. Cheers J

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @0sprey and @jameshobart,

Some users were having issues with iCloud services earlier today, which are now being reported as resolved:

Apple - Support - System Status

Apple confirms: Many iCloud services are down for some people (Update: Resolved) | 9to5Mac

Please let us know if you're still having trouble with iCloud syncing in 1Password and we'll investigate further. Thanks!

• 0sprey
    0sprey
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks sjk. When I am back at the ranch I'll check all of my 1passwords and let you know.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @0sprey‌

I hope things are all sorted for you, but do let us know if things are still acting up and we'll investigate further. :)

• QKris
    QKris
    Community Member
    Options

I changed from using DropBox to iCloud for syncing between my Mac desktop, iPad, and iPhone. The Mac and iPad seem to sync just fine but the iPhone does not. I also changed my master password when my iPhone appears not to have accepted. Thus, I am locked out of my iPhone app. Please help! Thanks!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @QKris,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with 1Password right now. Let's start off with the iCloud sync. Now, there are a few very basic things that we need to check before we get into the more detailed troubleshooting:

• Please ensure that you are logged in with the same iCloud account on all computers and devices. (If you're like me and have somehow collected several, this could be where things are getting tangled!)
    • Please ensure that 'Documents and Data' is enabled for iCloud on all devices.

If those items check out, let's try resetting sync:

• On your iOS devices, open 1Password 4 for iOS, tap Settings > Sync > Sync Service and tap 'Disable Sync’.

• On the Mac, open 1Password 4 for Mac, and click the 1Password menu, then Preferences. Click Sync, and click Change syncing.

• Check the box to remove the data from iCloud and confirm that you want to disable sync.

• Restart the Mac and iOS devices.

• On the Mac, go back to the Sync preferences, and enable iCloud.

• Wait about 20 minutes to give iCloud time to run the initial sync to all devices.

• Go back into the iOS app and re-enable iCloud sync. It should work this time.

• QKris
    QKris
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! I looks like I forget to change the sync method on one of my devices.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @QKris,

On behalf of @Megan, you're welcome.

Glad you could get syncing working on your iPhone by changing the sync method from Dropbox to iCloud there!

This discussion has been closed.