1PW WIN keeps generating new logins HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options

I love 1PW mac
despise the Win version
The difference in using them guarantees headaches
1PW WIN keeps generating new logins and give me a list I have to use at each Login
Impossible to remember which is the one to use
requires continuous maintainance
I thought it was supposed to track that
ALSO
Problems in generating new passwords that
1 crash PW change websites (SCHWAB)
2 retaining changed PW into 1PW

Comments

• Iwouldrathernot
    Iwouldrathernot
    Community Member
    Options

I just love the way the site reformats things for me, such that new lines are just a passing state
    2 there does not appear to be an edit log of changes that is consistent

• Iwouldrathernot
    Iwouldrathernot
    Community Member
    Options

I just love the way the site reformats things for me, such that new lines are just a passing state.
    PERIOD NEW LINE
    2 there does not appear to be an edit log of changes that is consistent inthe program
    3) Help is so hard to access that it might as well not exist
    PERIOD NEW LINE
    the supplemental ebook on it I bought is out of date and inconsistent between versions of the program

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Iwouldrathernot‌,

How are you syncing your 1Password data between your Mac and Windows, Dropbox? Did 1Password on Windows fill in your data before you log into the site?

As for new lines, you have to enter a new empty line before starting the next paragraph. In other words, press the enter key twice to begin a new paragraph.

• Iwouldrathernot
    Iwouldrathernot
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your help
    I am synching w dropbox between a mac /win7PC/ Ipad and iphone
    really like the MAC version and Windows is usable but weak.
    It does a good job of keeping things synched

I am used to a more heirarchical introduction and manual.

having to google a question is not as good as an indexed manual
    It takes too long to find answers , locate the procedure that the program prefers and to find out what it just doesn't do .

1P Works fine when things are simple and regular

As I said in my post on printing not being enabled easily, not being able to review an item in a printed version makes review and archiving difficult.

I am transitioning from PasswordsPlus and its ability to print really made review and debugging the content easier.
    the 1P field windows are small and inelegant.
    I often need to be able to review a large text field so that old account numbers pins and passwords
    can be organized , and updated. It would be nice to be able to print the whole Login file.

One of the big problems I have is archiving out of date information so it doesn't interfere with use.

the locking of many accounts after 3 login errors makes access to old entries imperative to do well.

security questions don't get carried forward well, made worse when 1p wasn't used when account was initiated

two stage logins are a big trouble as they can mandate needing a cascade of sites to cooperate/coordinate

Travel can really test this
    (I got stuck in France with sites seeing a new locus of login, demanding serial long buried security questions
    be unearthed, and codes being sent to accounts each of which demanded escalated security in login

no phone or web access issues and you are easily locked out of many essentials
    Things that worked well in a stable environment failed
    Thanks goodness for PlanC)

when these were hard to sort though, it re-emphasized the need for rugged simplicity

The logging of changes in the MAC version is wonderful
    Win version lacks this and printing to its detriment

thanks again for the past help
    Richard

PS
    the reformatting this site uses between note entry and sending

put all my text into one run on sentence

unlike the way it looked when it wrote it

it is a pain to use
    that's why my response is so delayed

this is not an easy help system despite the fact you guys are trying hard

so it goes

as Vonnegut used to say

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I am used to a more heirarchical introduction and manual.

having to google a question is not as good as an indexed manual It takes too long to find answers , locate the procedure that the program prefers and to find out what it just doesn't do .

Have you tried the Help > 1Password User's Guide command? You'll find a comprehensive table of contents and the ability to search across articles, as well. If you don't find something there, please see the Still need help? article near the bottom of the TOC.

This discussion has been closed.