1Password won't open after updating to 4.4.3

Options
jimgagne
jimgagne
Community Member

The 4.4.3 updater offered to open 1Password. I accepted and tried to open it (got as far as the lock/password screen) and got an error box saying some component in 1Password couldn't open. I sent you the error message as requested. Now 1Password still won't proceed past the lock screen, although it opens/closes normally. System: 17" Macbook Pro, 10.9.5, plenty of RAM and disk space

Comments

• Hi @jimgagne,

Sorry to hear about the trouble! What exactly happens when you try unlocking 1Password? Does the app crash? Are you currently seeing any specific error messages?

Thanks in advance for the additional info!

• jimgagne
    jimgagne
    Community Member
    Options

Nope, nothing. Nothing happens at all. It's like I didn't enter any password at all. The app opens and closes normally; it just won't go past the password entry window.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jimgagne‌,

That is a bit odd. We'll need to take a closer look at your system before we give you any further instructions here.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:
    https://guides.agilebits.com/kb/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report#mac4

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• jimgagne
    jimgagne
    Community Member
    Options

Just tried it again. No time right at the moment to send diagnostic file. Got the error message "2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword4-helper unexpectedly quit." I'm sending you a report

• jimgagne
    jimgagne
    Community Member
    Options

I emailed the diagnostic file about an hour ago.

• We've received your Diagnostic Report - thanks for sending it in! Someone from our email support team will review it and get back to you as soon as possible. :)

internal reference number: SRR-71896-249

This discussion has been closed.