1Password 5 "Select" button greyed out when upgrading existing v4 license [V4 to V5 is free]

Options
sgginc
sgginc
Community Member
edited October 2014 in Mac

1Password update v4-v5 $24.95 "Select" button greyed out.
Yosemite.

Tried: Opera, Safari, Chromium.

Thanks ... Ken

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Ken ( @sgginc‌ ),

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble here. I'm not quite sure I understand your situation though - could you please provide me with a bit more detail?

• Do you currently own 1Password 4?
    • Where are you seeing this greyed out 'Select' button?

Once we know a bit more, we should be able to get you all sorted out. :)

• macwish
    macwish
    Community Member
    Options

I have same problem. I have not yet upgraded to Yosemite and am running 10.9.5 on MacBook Pro. I have license for 1PW 4.4.3. When I go to AgileBits Store (https://agilebits.com/store/upgrade?product_id=109#product-109-requirements), the Select Button for "1 PW 5 for Mac, Single License, $24.99" is greyed out and cannot be selected.

• Hi guys,

1Password 5 is a free update for all 1Password 4 customers, that's why the button is grayed out as you already have a valid license for 1Password 5.

You don't need to do anything as once you update to 1Password 5, it'll reuse your 1Password 4 data including your license file.

• sgginc
    sgginc
    Community Member
    Options

You need to drag and drop the v4x license file onto
    the 1Password v5x program and it will accept it.

Thanks ... Ken

• MikeT
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi @siggnic,

Correct! Thanks for writing back here.

If you're installing 1Password 5 for the first time, you need to drag your existing 1Password 4 license file onto the license window to register it.

If you're upgrading from 1Password 4 to 1Password 5, you don't have to do anything because 1Password 5 will reuse the same license file from 1Password 4.

This discussion has been closed.