Issues with Chrome Plugin

Options
DaveFL
DaveFL
Community Member
edited October 2014 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I am having issues with the Chrome plugin. It worked before but has suddenly stopped. Basically if I click the key nothing comes up. I've tried clicking Help -> Restart 1Password Helper but that doesn't seem to do anything.

I will add, that if I use the hotkey ctrl + \ than I am able to get the 1Password dialog to come up, this seems to only happen when clicking the lock key.

Suggestions?

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Help > Advanced > Verify web browser code signature --> OFF

• DaveFL
    DaveFL
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you that worked. What is the risk in turning this off? Any particular reason why my system requires this to be turned off?

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

The risk is that some non-browser executable will attempt to gain access to your 1Password data by pretending to be a browser extension.

The usual reason for this is either that you're using a non-supported browser (ie: not Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox or Waterfox) or you're running a virus scanner that is blocking the socket connection between the browser extension and the 1Password Helper application (Kaspersky is well known for causing this issue).

See here for other potential issues:
    https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-windows-kb/4/en/topic/troubleshooting-extensions-win

• DaveFL
    DaveFL
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

Well I am using Chrome. I am also using Kaspersky and recently updated it. Disabling the code signature sounds like a bad idea. Is there anyway to configure Kaspersky to work with 1Password?

I've tried adding the process to the Kasperky application exclusion list but it doesn't seem to work consistently. Not sure if that is a timing issue based on how the plugin and process load.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

Is there anyway to configure Kaspersky to work with 1Password?

I don't think so. I think the Agilebits guys are trying to get Kaspersky to sort it out and disabling code signature verification is the work around.

I suppose you could also send Kaspersky a message since they are basically breaking a legititmate third party app feature.

This discussion has been closed.