Categories Incompatibility etc

Options

Hi,

Just bought a family license of 1Password Mac+Win bundle about a week ago. Mac version is 5 and Windows version is 4. The data file is stored on Dropbox and accessed across all platform.

The product works nicely between Mac and iOS devices. However, I am encountering the following issues:

1)
Despite the version difference, the categories used on Mac and Windows are also different, making the two data hard to use. For example, I just created one Login, one Driver Licenses and one Bank Accounts on Mac. They all show up in Wallet in the Windows version.
In short, many of the category names between the two versions are different.
2)
Items put in Folder are not sync correctly.
Items put in Folder on Windows can be synced and seen on the Mac. But items put in Folder from Mac cannot be found on Windows platform.

If I remember correctly, the same situation were also encountered when the Mac version is still 4.

So far, these two issues are what I've found. As Windows is my main working platform, what can I do to fix these problems in order to really use your product?

Tom

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

many of the category names between the two versions are different.

On Windows, we have the exact same item types as on Mac, but some of them are grouped in Wallet in Accounts.

Items put in Folder are not sync correctly. Items put in Folder on Windows can be synced and seen on the Mac. But items put in Folder from Mac cannot be found on Windows platform.

I would love to reproduce and fix this for you. Can you send me your steps, please? Thanks!

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

For example, I just created one Login, one Driver Licenses and one Bank Accounts on Mac. They all show up in Wallet in the Windows version.

Did you mean to say that? Was the login you created showing up under Wallet on Windows?

• tomtsui
    tomtsui
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Svondutch,

Here are the steps:

1. 1Password on both Mac and Windows are open and data file is stored on Dropbox.
    2. Created a folder called TEMP on Mac
    3. Dragged any two items to the folder
      Don't find the newly created folder on Windows' 1Password after more than 1 minute
    4. Lock 1Password on Windows and reopen it
    5. The TEMP folder is now seen but no content inside
    6. Relock and Reopen 1Password for a few times, still no content found inside the folder
    7. Lock 1Password on Mac and reopen
    8. Now content show up on Windows

9. Created a folder called NEW on Windows

10. Folder immediately seen on Mac
    11. Dragged the two items in the TEMP folder to the NEW folder on Windows
    12. Changed immediately seen on Mac

13. On Mac again, dragged the two items just moved to the NEW folder on Windows back to the TEMP folder

14. No changes seen on Windows
    15. Lock 1Password and reopen on Mac
    16. Now changes seen on Windows that the two files are moved back to the TEMP folder.

Hope above clearly explain the problem I am encountering.

You may say that not too many people are adding or editing contents like what I am doing but there's definitely something wrong.
    The reason I am entering data in this way because I am trying to move my wallet data from illumsoft's eWallet that I've been using for nearly 5 years to 1Password. You can imagine how much work it's going to involve. And in particular, I need to cross check data integrity on all platform, especially the Windows one since I mainly use Windows for work.

In addition, will the Windows version be updated soon to match the categories in the Mac version?
    Frankly, it's very confusing that Credit Cards, Driver Licenses and Bank Accounts are standalone categories on Mac but they are all grouped under Wallet on Windows, and especially there is another category called Accounts in the Windows version, which refers to something else.

To RichardPayne,
    The login item doesn't show up under Wallet. It's a typo.

Tom

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tomtsui I have followed your steps, and it seems things do eventually sync to Windows, but Dropbox on Windows appears to be downloading things a lot slower (compared to your Mac) -- is that correct?

• tomtsui
    tomtsui
    Community Member
    Options

I don't see similar issues to other data syncing on my PC. Moreover, if syncing on Windows is slow, why in step 5 the folder appears first and data can only be seen after mac version closed? Furthermore, changes on PC are immediately seen on Mac. So, syncing isn't slow on PC.

• tomtsui
    tomtsui
    Community Member
    Options

No more suggestion or follow up?
    Will Windows version be updated soon?

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

Give them a chance. The working day has only just started in Europe and America is still fast asleep.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

A new build of 1Password for Windows was released just this morning.

To my knowledge, it doesn't include any changes related to Dropbox syncing. That said, I don't know how 1Password could affect the behavior of Dropbox, but we'll sure look into it.

Thanks for taking time to bring it to our attention, @tomtsui‌!

• tomtsui
    tomtsui
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the update.

This discussion has been closed.