None of my Master Passwords Accepted

Options

I purchased premium on iphone and bought Mac and Windows bundle. I installed on windows side, spent hours creating logins, bank info etc. I decided to create a family vault. Created a password for the new vault. I synced up the family shared vault to the same dropbox. Now all of the sudden neither vaults will not open with the master passwords. What gives, did I just throw away my $ for a service that is a uber Fail? Someone please help me with this issue, I hate I just wasted so much time on this to secure and now I can't access it, this makes no sense.

Comments

• lmbeal
    lmbeal
    Community Member
    Options

Well no help here, I guess I'll try something. Will report back with how I remedy the situation.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm guessing the vault you added the logins to, and the family vault you created later aren't one and the same vault. You now probably have two vaults. You might be able to switch to the other vault here: File > Open 1Password Vault

• lmbeal
    lmbeal
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, sorry for the rant earlier. It was late, I was tired and wanted to get things completed, but it all ended up failing. I would like to set it up correctly if possible. I delted 1password for windows, searched the windows registry and deleted all relevant agilebits files/1password and redownloaded everything again. I successfully created a new vault and spent hours getting the data back in place. I would now like to add a family vault through windows, but I'm afraid all my hours of hard work will be wasted again. I believe the screw up happened when I decided to sync the family vault with the same dropbox account? At any rate, how can I set up the family vault through windows without losing all my credentials? Should I just avoid backing up on the same dropbox account? All help is appreciated. Thank you

• lmbeal
    lmbeal
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

@svondutch Yes that is correct. I created the second family vault to keep my information private. Is this not possible to do and manage on the go while on the iphone? Correct me if I'm wrong, but could it have been because I clicked the option to save to the same dropbox account? Should each individual vault have its own back up dropbox account?

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

Should each individual vault have its own back up dropbox account?

I don't think so.

On Windows you just need to store the vaults under different names or under different folders. For example, if you look at You File > "Reopen 1Password Vault" menu, it should look something like this:

C:\Dropbox\Personal.agilekeychain

C:\Dropbox\Family.agilekeychain

They'll both be stored in the same Dropbox account but critically, under different names.
    This would also work:

C:\Dropbox\Personal\1Password.agilekeychain

C:\Dropbox\Family\1Password.agilekeychain

Then, on the Mac side, you can sync your vaults.

Normal Dropbox syncing is described here:

https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-mac/5/en/topic/sync-dropbox

Linking to existing Dropbox vaults is here:

https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-mac/5/en/topic/first-run#404

Although the "existing user" section link seems to be broken. @DBrown‌ are you responsible for Mac documentation? If not, can you link in whoever is.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2014
    Options

[Edited] I believe 1Password for iOS requires that the vaults be stored stores the .agilekeychain folder in <Dropbox root folder>\Apps\1Password/... if you initiate Dropbox syncing from within 1Password for iOS.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2014
    Options

Quick followup here.

From the Sync with Dropbox guide:

If you have never synced 1Password data to Dropbox before you will be informed that 1Password wants to create a new file in Dropbox. Tap Create File to begin syncing.

Adding a bit to what David previously accurately mentioned, the full location in this case will be:

Dropbox root/Apps/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2014
    Options

1Password 4 for Windows users, though, should always refer to the documentation for that version of the software:

Syncing your 1Password data

...and specifically, in this case:

Setting up Dropbox sync

This discussion has been closed.