Multiple URLs on one Login not recognized?

Options
jader201
jader201
Community Member
edited August 2014 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I have one login that I use for multiple URLs. For example, minecraft.net and mojang.com both operate under one unified account/password (see attached for example).

However, whenever I visit these sites, the 1Password login will only work for the top-most URL. Any URLs after the first one are not recognized. If I visit the first URL, CTRL+\ logs me in justr fine. If I visit the second URL, CTRL+\ just brings up the generic 1Password menu allowing me to search, etc.

Even if I manually find the login and select it, it will open a new tab with the first URL, and log me in to that site.

Additionally, I can further confirm this by moving the second URL to the top, and then that one will work, with the one moved to second place no longer working.

My 1Password version is Windows version 4.0.1.503.

Am I misunderstanding how this feature is supposed to work, or am I doing something wrong? Or is this a bug?

Comments

• MikeT
    edited August 2014
    Options

Hi @jader201‌,

I think I know what the problem is, we might have a bug in our current implementation of this. It is supposed to show the same Login on any of the saved URLs it has. Can you try this and see if it works:

1. Open the main 1Password program, unlock, press the Preferences button on the toolbar and go to the Logins section.
    2. Check the Lenient URL matching option and press OK.
    3. Go to the Help Menu > Restart 1Password Helper

Does it fill in now on both sites with the same Login?

• jader201
    jader201
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @MikeT‌,

Yep, that seems to get it working now! I wasn't aware of that option, and after looking into it, it looks like this may have some undesired side effects, depending on how I have my URLs set up.

Is there another way I could set up my URLs to get this to work, or do you think leaving this checked will be fine?

Thanks for your help!

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @jader201,

Your way is fine as long as the program doesn't have this bug. :P

Wait for us to fix the bug and then uncheck the option to see if it'll work better in the way you want.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

it looks like this may have some undesired side effects,

@jader201‌ what undesired side effects?

• jader201
    jader201
    Community Member
    Options

@svondutch‌ per this thread:

Enabling this new Lenient URL matching option under Preferences > Browser will switch back to the old behaviour from previous versions, where subdomains were ignored.

In some cases, I have different passwords for subdomains, so this may cause me problems in these cases.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2014
    Options

@jader201 That is a thread from the Mac forum. We do not have this issue on Windows. Regardless of this "Lenient URL matching" setting, an exact subdomain match is always moved to the top of the 1Password popup menu (above "Show X more items").

• EvilBMP
    EvilBMP
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @MikeT‌

are there any updates on this feature? For me it also only works if "lenient url matching" is active. So is this setting a "must be active" for this feature or is this feature still buggy?

1Password v4.1.0.526
    Firefox Ext. 4.2.4

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

are there any updates on this feature? For me it also only works if "lenient url matching" is active. So is this setting a "must be active" for this feature or is this feature still buggy?

You'll need to turn on "Lenient URL matching". This is not a bug.

• TheDave
    TheDave
    Community Member
    Options

Is there an explanation of what "Lenient URL matching" actually does, or what the point of listing URLs is if the listed URLs are simply ignored anyway?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

What is available at this time can be found by searching the 1Password 4 for Windows user's guide for "lenient URL matching"; I hope to amass the necessary information for a comprehensive article in the 1Password 4 for Windows knowledgebase as soon as dev resources allow.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Is there an explanation of what "Lenient URL matching" actually does

@TheDave On Windows, it turns on multiple URLs in your web browser.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

@TheDave On Windows, it turns on multiple URLs in your web browser.

@svondutch I think I can guess where the name for that option derives from but it's really not obvious what it's actually function is from the name. Maybe rename it to something like "Allow multiple urls per login" or something similar.

• EvilBMP
    EvilBMP
    Community Member
    Options

Maybe rename it to something like "Allow multiple urls per login" or something similar.

+1 from me.

@svondutch‌ Why not enable this setting by default, as written above, there is nothing mentioned about it, if you add another url to an existing or new record. And, on the other hand, why is this checkbox needed at all? Multiple URLs is promoted feature in v4, so it should work "out of the box".

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

I vaguely recall that it's not enabled by default for performance reasons.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@RichardPayne, good memory! :D That was explained in this post.

This discussion has been closed.