Family Licence Upgrade Clarification

Options

I just went to upgrade our Windows Family Licence and the upgrade is Described as "Single Licence". Is this a single licence code for the family pack? or just an upgrade for 1 of the family?

Also, will I still be able to use my old licence code on an XP machine that's too old to be upgraded (within the family members limit)

Thanks,

Mark.

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Is this a single licence code for the family pack?

Yes. We have removed the Family License from our webstore and we will only be offering a Single License. The Single License, however, will be able to be shared by up to 6 family members living in the same household.

will I still be able to use my old licence code on an XP machine that's too old to be upgraded

Yes.

• AmosG
    AmosG
    Community Member
    Options

So, a single license can be shared by up to 6 family members, but how can this be done when installing from the OSX/iOS App store? Seems like if it is installed that way to take advantage (of what seems like the superior) iCloud sync for backups, having to buy an individual license from each app store install is going to get really expensive. Couldn't the download be free, then upon starting the app, it ask for a license key? I really like 1Password and would like to use it with my SO, but all of this licensing bit seems tremendously confusing and misleading....

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

So, a single license can be shared by up to 6 family members

Correct.

how can this be done when installing from the OSX/iOS App store?

Apple Family Sharing.

• racep
    racep
    Community Member
    Options

svondutch, so if I have myself, my wife, and three kids, each with their own iPhone and Macs, you are saying that one single license will accommodate all? Totaling 5 persons within the same household.

Can each have their own default vault? Meaning that my son's vault would sync between his devices only. I would like my son to have the ability to store all of his accounts within his system but not be able to access all of my accounts.

Each of my kids have their own iCloud account and would allow for their data to stay with them.
    Thanks
    Race.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

if I have myself, my wife, and three kids, each with their own iPhone and Macs, you are saying that one single license will accommodate all? Totaling 5 persons within the same household.

You'd need a 1Password for Mac license (and a separate 1Password for Windows license, if you want to use it on a PC). You'd also need to purchase 1Password for iOS in the iTunes App Store. In all of those cases, you'd all be covered by the single purchase. Please see our licensing policy page for full details.

You can create as many vaults as you like, and you can share any or all of them with others.

Sync options are explained in detail in the "Syncing your 1Password data" article in the 1Password 4 for Windows user's guide. (User's guides for 1Password on all the platforms contain similar information, geared toward the platform on which each resides.)

This discussion has been closed.