1Password Broken after Yosemite Upgrade

Options
SockThief
SockThief
Community Member

Anyone else found that "1Password" is damaged and can't be opened. Delete "1Password" and download again from the App Store after upgrading to Yosemite? or did I just luck out?

Comments

• SockThief
    SockThief
    Community Member
    Options

Actually, I feel that there may be an issue! I have followed the advice here: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/20374/1password-is-damaged-and-cant-be-opened-delete-1password-and-download-again-from-the-app-store, deleted and redownloaded 1Password from the app store.

Now, every time i open the app, i get the Welcome Screen, but I can't get the main app to come up - no login window, no vault actions, etc.

You can see some more details and screenshots in this (semi related) post: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/30585/security-bug-1password-requires-access-to-www-carshowrooms-com-au#latest

Any help would be appreciated. Is this a Yosemite bug?

• SockThief
    SockThief
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

Note: the browser extension, seems to still work ok - at least in Chrome

EDIT: Scratch that - browser extensions were working before I reinstalled the main app, now, even though Chrome shows the extension, it fails when trying to launch.

My guess is that I need to remove my current configuration and start from a blank slate and reimport my old vault. Though this would then point towards a bug in 1Password

EDIT #2: In old chrome windows (i.e.: windows and tabs I had created before I reinstalled 1Password) the browser extension still works. In windows/tabs created after, browser extensions, don't work... weird!

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @SockThief‌,

Now, every time i open the app, i get the Welcome Screen, but I can't get the main app to come up - no login window, no vault actions, etc.

Please reboot your Mac to fix this issue.

browser extensions were working before I reinstalled the main app, now, even though Chrome shows the extension, it fails when trying to launch.

I noticed in another post that you are using Little Snitch, please make sure that it doesn't block connections to local host for 1Password mini.

Please let me know how this goes.

Cheers!

Rad

• SockThief
    SockThief
    Community Member
    Options

Rad

reboot solved the problem - why is a reboot required? being a long time mac/linux/unix user, im not used to rebooting after each app install....!

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi @SockThief‌,

In OS X Mavericks Apple introduced cfprefsd, a daemon which provides preferences services for the CFPreferences and NSUserDefaults APIs.

For example, if you manually edit a preference file (User Defaults) cfprefsd will get "confused" and will stop working properly, basically any change one makes to the preference file after that via the NSUserDefaults API will not be persistent. A reboot will reinitialize the daemon.

Hope that this helps!

Best,

Rad

• SockThief
    SockThief
    Community Member
    Options

@Rad thanks for that - might I suggest a note to the end user that a reboot is required?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @SockThief‌

You can never re-boot your computer often enough ... which reminds me, I think this laptop is due for one really soon. :D

I'm glad that Rad was able to help you out - if you have any further questions or concerns, we're here for you!

This discussion has been closed.