Multi page logins

Options

Hi, I am using windows 7 with 1Password 4 and Chrome with extension enabled. I am struggling with a multi page login site. I have created the two login entries, first for user name, and the second for password. I can select the username login from the 1password extension in chrome, and everything works as expected, URL is called, my username is entered for me, and the browser goes to the password page. At this point, I am expecting to drop down the extension list again, and at the vey top, I will see possible pages that I can use to auto fill the password. However, nothing is entered when I select the correct entry. The Same with the CTRL+\ short key - the possible matches pop up, but when selected don't find anything to fill.

Am I using the correct procedure?

The password page is complicated, and asks for 2 digits of a 6 digit security code, and also a password. When I use the extension to capture the password page as a login, and then check the 1password details, the 6 digits of the code are identified, and values will be included for the 2 that I filled during login, but the password field has no name in the left column, just the password in the second column. Is that part of the problem, that the field can't be given a name?

Thanks john

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

If you let 1Password create the password-page Login for you from within the browser extension, it will have recorded whatever name was assigned to the password field on that page.

Without seeing the page's HTML, there's no way for us to know what's there. (You can check, of course, by viewing the page source.) Once you know the name of the field, you can edit the Login item, and store that name in the empty space you mention.

If you created the Login for the password page yourself, of course, you probably didn't include the field's name (one of the reasons we display a notice when you create a Login item in the main program, reminding you that we recommend letting the 1Password extension create them for you).

I hope that helps, John.. Please let us know how it goes.

• jaybeeaitch
    jaybeeaitch
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the pointers. The page was recorded by 1password, several attempts, but it never found the field name. The HTML was pretty scary, but pressing F12 in internet explorer gives access to a field identifier thingy, which showed me the missing ID was, not surprisingly, "PASSWORD". The password field now auto fills as expected, but not the digits of the additional security code. I can live with that!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for letting us know, @jaybeeatich.

I imagine the random digits of the additional security code would have to be entered manually, anyway.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

Not necessarily. One of my logins uses field identifiers like "firstdigit" and "seconddigit" so in theory you can fill them. @jaybeeaitch‌ it might be worth another foray into HTML to check the field ids for the random digit input.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

++

This discussion has been closed.