Wi-Fi Sync incorrect birth date

Options

I have my birth date in Identities on my PC as 27 January 1969 but when I do a Wi-Fi sync with my iPad the birth date on my iPad shows up as 1/26/69. Why is the birth date on the iPad not matching the birth date on the PC. I'm using the latest stable versions of both apps.

Comments

• MikeT
    edited August 2014
    Options

Hi @KeithWeisshar‌,

We had a bug a while ago that was caused by the way each platform read the timezone/date differently, especially when it is in international locale.

I assume both PC and iPad are in the same time zone and using the same locale? Can you tell me which locale you're in if it is not english-US.

Can you edit the date in the Windows app and sync it again, it may fix it if you reset the date.

• KeithWeisshar
    KeithWeisshar
    Community Member
    edited August 2014
    Options

I live in Hazlet, New Jersey. The time zone is Eastern Time.

• MikeT
    edited August 2014
    Options

Hi @KeithWeisshar‌,

Okay, that's different then. I created a new identity, entered my birth day and did a Wi-Fi sync to my iOS device, it showed up with the right date.

Does it happen to Identities only? Are your credit card items showing up with the right dates?

• KeithWeisshar
    KeithWeisshar
    Community Member
    Options

I'm not using credit card. This issue occurred in Identities.

• Have you tried editing the date again in 1Password 4 for Windows and syncing the information again?
    It might fix this. If not it'll gives us something to go on.

Cheers

• Steve Kennedy
    Steve Kennedy
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

This issue still appears to be unresolved.

My case is the same as the OP.

I have the latest versions with all available updates applied.

As with the OP, I'm syncing locally via wifi. Language and locale are the same on all devices.

Things I've tried:

• removing the field on iMac, re-syncing and verifying update on iOS devices - AOK
    • re-adding the field on iMac, re-syncing and verifying on iOS devices - problem still exists
    • removing the field on iPad, re-syncing and verifying - AOK
    • re-adding the field on iPad shows wrong date (adding 05/05/1966 shows as 4/05/1966), sync with iMac shows correct date...hmm...
    • added new identity on iMac, re-sync - problem still exists

Regards

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Steve,

I'm sorry you're experiencing this problem! This is indeed a known issue that our developers are working on, and I apologize for the inconvenience. I don't have a timeframe for when a fix will be available, but we certainly appreciate your patience in the meantime.

• kraiberg
    kraiberg
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

I recently switched from another product to 1password. Main reason was onetouch Support and availability on IOS, Windows and android. Due to a Pearl Script the Migration worked smoothly. Up to now I experienced two Problems : as mentioned above I had the same Problem: Date of Birth in some items differ between Windows , Android and IOS ( Windows and Android correct, IOS 1 Day earlier). I synced via Dropbox. Second Problem/ Lack of functionality : no Management of attachments in IOS

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you, @kraiberg‌!

With feedback like yours, we'll continue working to enhance 1Password on all platforms.

• Stas Pavlov
    Stas Pavlov
    Community Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

I have a similar problem with entering a date in passport data on iOS. I enter date and after I press Enter, it sets back by 1 day.

For instance, I type 30.12.2017 as expiration date, press Save and I get 29.12.2017 instead in my passport data. I have to deliberately input the date that is one day further from the correct one in order to get correct info in my passport data.

Moreover, when I change my passport data on iPhone and sync it via wi-fi to my Mac or PC, I find two dublicates - expiration date 29.12.2017 and expiration date 30.12.2017 in one identity.

This is really annoying, because I need to rely on this source of information in the most important cases (in police or while dealing with a bank), where I cannot allow myself to make a mistake while providing my passport data.

Could you please advise me on steps I can undertake in order to eliminate this problem?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Stas, I certainly understand your concern. :(

As @Drew_AG wrote above, though, we don't have a timeframe for when the problem with 1Password for iOS will be resolved.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience!

This discussion has been closed.