Troubles with iOS Syncing‏

Options
Blackhancery
Blackhancery
Community Member

Hello,

i have Problems with Syncing mi old OnePassword - Passwords in iCloud Drive. In Settings, i See my Passwords, there are 32kb Data from 1password, Synced with iOS 8.1 .

I have only 1 iOS device. I restored it as a New Iphone and now i dont get my passwords into the Application.

I looked on agilebits Website for troubleshooting - but nothing helped. Is there a opinion to get the Data from iCloud, or better, to sync them?

best regards!
Blackhancery

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi there,

What version of 1Password for iOS do you have?

Thanks.

• Blackhancery
    Blackhancery
    Community Member
    Options

The latest for iOS. I see still my passwords in iCloud but 1password cant import them..

• Ben
    Options

1Password 5 for iOS cannot read from iCloud Documents and Data (the old method that 1Password 4 used). Do you have your data in any other location besides iCloud Documents and Data?

• Blackhancery
    Blackhancery
    Community Member
    Options

the data is only in the icloud, but the data ist from 1password 5? Can i look into the data in icloud?

• Ben
    Options

Okay, in that case have you seen this guide?

FYI -- 32kb of data is next to nothing...

• Blackhancery
    Blackhancery
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, yes is have seen this guide.. There were only 40 passworts, maybe this causes the 32 kb?

• Good morning @Blackhancery‌ and sorry for the trouble you're having syncing with iCloud. Do you have a Mac syncing with this iCloud account that we could use to resurrect your old iCloud data? I have some steps that should work, but they only work on the Mac.

• Blackhancery
    Blackhancery
    Community Member
    Options

No i use 1password only with my iPhone. Its the one and only apple device that i have

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Blackhancery‌,

By any chance do you have any friends/family with a Mac? As @MrRooni says, these recovery steps do require a Mac computer.

• rick_b05
    rick_b05
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the iCloud syncing problems with ios8.1.1 and 1p 5.1.2, which were reported through another thread that was just closed today, and none of the steps have helped. I did notice that, on my Mac Pro at home, when I pull up the iCloud settings app, manage storage, it lists two distinct 1password items in the list. Both items are listed as "1Password - Pass..." in the left panel, but one says 1.6MB, the other 2MB storage used. Could this be part of the problem? When I try to re-enable iCloud sync on my iPhone 6+, I get the error message "The operation couldn't be completed. (CKErrorDomain error 4.) 1Password encountered a problem."

iCloud syncing works on my iPad air, my MacBook Pro Retina, and my Mac Pro, but does not work on my iPhone. I am unable to try wi-fi sync until tomorrow night. Is there any way to get iCloud sync working over cellular on my iPhone?

Thanks,
    Rick

• rick_b05
    rick_b05
    Community Member
    Options

Was able to get everything back in order over wi-fi. I backed up data on my macbook, then shut off iCloud sync on both iOS devices, both OS X devices. Deleted the iCloud data. Enabled sync on macbook first, then desktop mac, then both iOS devices. iCloud sync works on all devices.

• Glad to hear it @rick_b05‌. Do let us know if you run into any more trouble.

This discussion has been closed.