wi-fi sync not working

Options

Just installed a trial version of 1Password 4.1.0.523 on my Windows 8. Trying to sync with 1Password 5.1 (501017) on iOS 8 over wifi.

After clicking "Wi-Fi sync...", 1Password prompted me to install Bonjour, which I accepted. Now it shows the Wi-Fi sync dialog with a 12 digit secret code.

Switching back to iOS, I'm trying Settings --> Sync --> Start Syncing --> Sync using Wi-Fi. It shows an empty list, and Refresh List doesn't help at all.

On Windows side, I even tried disabling firewall as a troubleshooting step and it still didn't help.

Comments

• hawkstr
    hawkstr
    Community Member
    Options

A suggestion to try is to do a hard reset (hold down the power button till the slide off appears, after complete shut down restart with a press to the power button again) on your iPhone. Then when it comes back up be sure you have wifi turned on in your phone.
    That worked for me.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@westaf2000 Are you sure your Windows 8 PC and your iOS device are on the same Wi-Fi network?

• westaf2000
    westaf2000
    Community Member
    Options

@hawkstr Yes that worked!

• hawkstr
    hawkstr
    Community Member
    Options

Glad it helped.
    I've had to do this twice so far. Hopefully when the "endless syncing" issue is cleared up, this will as well.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I believe the latest build of 1Password for Windows includes a fix for the Wi-Fi sync problem.

Please let us know how it works for you!

• Alon AN
    Alon AN
    Community Member
    Options

My sync is the same and show a problem as attachment shown.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Alon AN‌ Do you have a firewall turned on? If yes, is it set to block all incoming connections? If yes, then that's the issue. The iOS app needs to establish a connection to the PC. If you uncheck block all incoming connections, the PC will prompt you if you want to allow 1Password to accept an incoming connection and if you say yes, it should then start syncing properly.

This discussion has been closed.