Feature request: Filtering by password strength/duplicates

Enhancement to encourage stronger passwords
Just started using 1Password and like it so far.

Tried to make a smart folder that would display all logins with a “strength bar” of yellow or lower. Also wanted to be able to display logins where the password was the same as another login.

I noticed logins that still used the same (weak) password and was interested in systematically going through all my logins to change passwords to be unique and strong.

Thanks for consideration and keep up the good work.

Comments

• jpgoldberg
    jpgoldberg
    1Password Alumni
    thrilliams wrote:

Just started using 1Password and like it so far.

Thanks, thrilliams! That is great to hear! And welcome to the forums.

Tried to make a smart folder that would display all logins with a “strength bar” of yellow or lower.

You can to the next best thing, which is to sort the items by password strength. Just click on the column header where you see the strength bar.

Also wanted to be able to display logins where the password was the same as another login.
    I noticed logins that still used the same (weak) password and was interested in systematically going through all my logins to change passwords to be unique and strong.

That is a very good plan. You can actually search by password which should do the right thing. Take a look at the attached imagine (showing 1Password in Traditional view View > Layout > Traditional). Also, just in case you are wondering, this is a search of my Samples, so none of the Logins displayed corresponded to working logins anywhere.
  • thrilliams
    thrilliams
    Community Member
    Those are great workarounds and definitely will get me started.

Thanks for the response.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    On behalf of Jeff, you are quite welcome! :-)

We are always here to help!
  • bmosca
    bmosca
    Community Member
    It would be really helpful to have some ability to search on password strength... either the Terrible, Weak, Fair, Good, Excellent, Fantastic designations assigned by 1Password or at least the ability to search on password length.

As users move to stronger passwords, they want to be able to easily identify their least secure passwords.

Yes, I know that one can sort on password strength. But it would be far more convenient to have a saved search that showed all passwords with, for example, strength < Excellent.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, bmosca! I have merged your post with the appropriate thread.

We will consider that for a future release. Thanks for the suggestion! :-)
This discussion has been closed.