solutions for Windows and Mac issue

Options
safety1
safety1
Community Member
edited February 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I purchased 1P for Mac via MAS and sync via iCloud with an iPad and iPhone iOS8. I run quicken 2015 in Bootcamp (same mac I use 1P on). I have loaded all the passwords I generated from 1P into the quicken vault(manually) and can now download my data into quicken.
The problem I did not see was there are times when i need to log directly into those downloaded accounts through the internet, which is no longer possible(well it's possible but time consuming) since the passwords are so long. I'm looking for a solution.
I would be happy to buy 1P for windows (maybe a discount?) but i don't think I would be able to get it to sync with my Mac 1P. Remember I can't be on both MacOS and Windows at the same time.
Alternatively I can buy 1P for windows and just use it for those few accounts I download into quicken and have no need to sync.
Am i correct in my analysis? Are there other solutions?
Don't want to use Dropbox
Thanks

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2015
    Options

I purchased 1P for Mac via MAS and sync via iCloud with an iPad and iPhone iOS8

iCloud sync in 1Password for Mac and iOS is based upon the CloudKit framework. I'm afraid this framework does not exist on Windows. This is why you cannot sync Mac + iOS + Win via iCloud.

That being said, there is a workaround. You can sync your iOS devices via Wi-Fi Sync. Then you can use iCloud Drive on Mac and Windows.

Given the complexity of this situation, you might want to forget about iCloud and use Dropbox everywhere.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

For more information about these and other options, @safety1, please see the Syncing your 1Password data article in the 1Password 4 for Windows user's guide.

This discussion has been closed.