Problem viewing 1Password on PC

Options

I currently have 1Password Pro on my iPod touch and synced to a notebook computer. We have a separate PC which I would like to "copy" my 1Password vault onto, however, I can't figure out if I can Wi-Fi sync it, like a have between my touch and notebook. Can it be done? If so, how? Thanks!

TWillard

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2015
    Options

You can use Wi-Fi to sync your 1Password data between an iOS device and your separate PC in exactly the same way you use it between your iOS device and your notebook. As you know, though, Wi-Fi sync depends on you remembering to trigger the sync, or your data quickly gets mismatched.

A much simpler method is to use Dropbox.

Just think how easy life will be with your 1Password automatically available on all your Dropbox-synced devices! :)

• twillard
    twillard
    Community Member
    Options

I don't have Dropbox on our PC, but have it on our notebook. Currently, 1Password is installed on my Son's account/window. Due to a virus, I believe, my old Administrator account won't open. I'm trying to recreate a new one. Once I do, is there a way to move the 1Password file from my Son's "account" to mine? I will continue to look into Dropbox, once I get me new account working. Thanks!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

If you have a Dropbox account, and Dropbox is installed on the computer where you use 1Password for Windows, just click the Move to Dropbox button on the General tab of 1Password preferences.

1Password will move the vault's .agilekeychain folder into your local Dropbox storage hierarchy. Dropbox will automatically copy it up to your private dropbox.com web site.

As soon as you install Dropbox on another computer and associate it with the same Dropbox account, Dropbox will copy your 1Password vault down from your private dropbox.com web site to that computer's local Dropbox storage hierarchy.

When that process is complete, launch 1Password and either accept its offer to use the vault it finds in your local Dropbox storage or show 1Password where to find the newly synced .agilekeychain folder.

This discussion has been closed.