Does the search box search multiple items?

Options

I have an issue where multiple logins have been issued to the same company that I want to eliminate. I would like to know if the search box in 1Password 4 can search multiple items? For example, Nokia or Apple has Ovi Store and iCloud in addition to their own domains. I have a login for each website, etc.

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm not sure I understand the question.

Whatever category, group, or folder you have selected in the sidebar, the characters you type in the search field (or that remain from a previous search) filter the list of items displayed in the list area, so that the list area shows only the items that "match" those characters in some way.

Please see the Searching for items article in the 1Password 4 for Windows user's guide for details.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

@dbrown,

Thanks for the link. I was thinking that search would work the way tags work in that I could put Microsoft AND Nokia separated by commas and it would display a list of the desired results.

I tried that and the search came up empty.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2015
    Options

I see.

I don't think the search field works that way with tags, either: when you press Alt+↓ and select a tag, that tag replaces the content of the search field.

You also can't type tag:Tag1,tag:Tag2 to search for an item that is tagged with both.

This discussion has been closed.