Autofill not working from within or outside 1Password

Options

Autofill works fine on ios, but not at all on Windows PC. It doesn't work from ie 11 or when accessing a site from within 1Password. I have tried the 1PW icon and control + /. Nothing. I think it did work, but I had to replace my hard drive and it doesn't now. Frustrating

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@DCS77 as your post appears to relate to a problem with 1P for Windows rather than with 1P for iOS I've moved it to the 1P for Windows forum where you'll get more help.

Stephen

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

It is a known problem that, invoked from the main 1Password program, 1Password will open the URL in IE but not fill in the saved credentials, @DCS77, but it should work in other browsers.

What happens if you select a Login item in the 1Password extension menu in IE? Does the extension fill in the login form for you?

• DCS77
    DCS77
    Community Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

Never mind! I was using Control+/ instead of Control+\. It worked fine. I would prefer autofill to work as it does on ios, but this is workable.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That’s great news, @DCS77—thanks for letting us know!

• DCS77
    DCS77
    Community Member
    Options

I thought this problem was solved, but no. I can't get auto fill to work either from inside 1 Password or my browsers (primarily IE 11). I have tried Control \ and the 1 Password icon. Some work well, others not. I particularly have problems with Financial websites. In IE 11, I have lost the 1 Password icon in the toolbar and can't get it back. I'm trying to switch from Dashlane, and getting frustrated. I prefer 1PW , but .... Even though 1 Password Helper says it restarts when I initiate it, I'm not convinced anything happens. Autofill works great in iOS. Help!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2015
    Options

I'm sorry your having problems again, @DCS77.

Please tell us:

• What version of which browsers you've tried and what version of the 1Password extension is installed in those browsers

• What web sites you're having trouble with

• How you created the Login items for those web sites

• What steps you follow (in as much detail as possible) in trying to get 1Password to fill login forms with your saved credentials

As for the missing 1Password button, have you tried the tips in the Troubleshooting > The browser extensions > Missing 1Password button article in the 1Password 4 for Windows knowledgebase?

This discussion has been closed.