Feature request: time out a search keyword after x minutes

Options

Hi,

One option I think can be improved is having a keyword time out after a few minutes or when 1PW loses focus. For instance, I perform a search within the app, the search keyword stays in place - even hours later. So when I go back to 1pw and browse to another folder, the folder appears empty because the keyword doesn't reflect anything in that folder. Eventually, it will occur to me there is a search keyword active. I know I should remember to click the X button after searching, but I almost always forget.

Would it be possible to time out the search keyword (like the browser plug in does)? Or at least give an option to set a search keyword time out?

Comments

• Hi there!

I understand where this might be annoying.
    The thing is, there are a lot of customers who like having a search term stay in the field without having to worry about it disappearing.
    It's especially useful if you're working on a task that has more than one item in 1Password associated with it.

What we could potentially do, is to clear the search field when the app automatically locks itself after being inactive for the time specified by the user.
    I'm going to bring your feature request up with our developers. Thanks for your feedback!

• Brad_I
    Brad_I
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the reply. Clearing the search field when the app locks wouldn't help me I often do 5 or more searches during one session. I think an option in settings would be the way to go so people like me who has 100 client sites to log into can turn on "auto clear search term" after the search is complete or after a time period. Sort of like the web plug in search works. Every time I search from the plug in, it is clear. My last search isn't there.

• MikeT
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi @Brad_I,

I think an option in settings would be the way to go so people like me who has 100 client sites to log into can turn on "auto clear search term" after the search is complete or after a time period.

There are only so much settings we can add to 1Password to accommodate everyone's needs before it becomes impossible to find what you need it to do.

This isn't something we plan to do, if you need it to clear, you can click on the 'x' button or press Control + F to focus the search field. If there is text in it, Control + F will select it and you can delete it.

If majority of users want this option, than we would add this option but we rarely get any requests to do this or offer it as an option. We'll keep your request in mind for the future.

Thanks for the suggestion!

This discussion has been closed.