Reinstalled the wrong version of 1Password, old license key valid for prev version of 1Password

Options
derekg
derekg
Community Member
edited April 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi Folks, I started with the old v3 for Windows and got my license at that time. Through the years the software has been updating to v4. I reloaded my PC and installed v4 and it upgraded to the latest release, but when I try to use my v3 key it is not valid. Why would I be allowed to do all the upgrades before if my key is not valid. Now I am being asked to pay another $24.99 for a license for something that already worked fine before. Any ideas?

Comments

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

I can't give you a proper answer but I'd just note that it would be interesting to know if installing and licensing 1Password v1 (there is no v3 for Windows) and then let it auto-upgrade to v4. Does it work?

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@derekg The old version doesn't auto-update to version 4.

If you reload your PC and re-install 1Password, then you probably got version 4 because this is the latest version we offer for download at our website. However, we also have the old version available for download.

If you have purchased your old license key in 2013 or 2014, then you can paste it into version 4 and it should "just work". If your license key is older, then you can either download the old version, or upgrade it for only $24.99

• MikeT
    edited April 2015
    Options

Hi @derekg,

Please email us first with your license details at support+licenses@agilebits.com, there might be something we can do for you.

• derekg
    derekg
    Community Member
    Options

OK, I'm an idiot. Just threw in the old hard drive and I'm on v1, not v4. Apologies. I had v4 downloaded in my data backup, so assumed that was the one in use. Will upgrade now. Thanks, Derek

• LauraR
    Options

@derekg - we're so glad you were able to resolve this. Thanks for letting us know.

This discussion has been closed.