Slow to autofill in IE [Use Settings > Open Logins in > Current Tab for 1Password add-on]

Options
ramac34
ramac34
Community Member
edited April 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I have searched for slow auto-fill issues in IE, and have stumbled across a couple of discussion but it seemed to center around 1 site. Every site I visit using 1Password and IE takes 10 times as long to log in as it is does in Chrome (42.0.2311.90) for FireFox (37.0.1) With Chrome and FireFox the response is very good. In IE did try to disable and enable the add-on. It appear to work much better on the first site I visited, but the next site was reminiscent of the tragically slow auto-fill. Have a missed some discussion that address this very issue? Thanks

Ricky

Comments

• ramac34
    ramac34
    Community Member
    Options

I am currently running on Windows 7 SP1, 64 bit

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

Every site I visit using 1Password and IE takes 10 times as long to log in as it is does in Chrome

That's just IE isn't it? :lol:

Is this of any help?
    https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/29226/1p4-very-slow-and-tabs-freeze-in-ie-11

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @ramac34,

As Richard may have correctly guessed; if you're talking about opening a new tab with 1Password to fill, it will be slower than usual. This is a limitation with the way IE handles the inter-tab processes and we can't work around it.

Here's how to improve the performance: click on the 1Password button in IE and select Settings > Open Logins in > Current Tab.

• ramac34
    ramac34
    Community Member
    Options

Gentlemen, that was it. It works much better now; though there is still a noticeable delay in the very beginning before the auto fill begins in comparison to Chrome and FireFox. Thanks for the quick response.

• Glad to hear that it works for you now.

This discussion has been closed.