1Password doesn't work in Chrome [Due to use of AdMuncher]

Options
Mr Zombie
Mr Zombie
Community Member
edited April 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I use Help > Advanced > Verify web browser code signature but it still doesn't work.
For what I paid money?
And yes you have lousy service support

Comments

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

Can you please define "doesn't work"?

Does it not download or install the Chome extension? Does it not connect to the 1Password Helper? Does it connect but not respond to Ctrl+\ or to click on the toolbar icon? Does it display the 1Password menu but not the site to your login? Is it not prompting to auto-save a new login?

"it doesn't work" is rarely helpful.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Mr Zombie,

In addition to what Richard asked, can you tell us if you have an anti-malware solution installed on your computer, and if yes, which ones?

We'd love to help you fix this but we need more information on what's wrong before we can figure out how to fix it. In situations like yours, it is almost always caused by a configuration issue in the third party anti-malware solution. We've provided the list of workarounds for many products here: https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-windows-kb/4/en/topic/av-am-fw-programs

• Mr Zombie
    Mr Zombie
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, RichardPayne, MikeT
    Ctrl+\ = Chrome is connected but its code signature could not be verified. Filling and all other features are disabled until this issue is resolved.
    There are no antivirus, only AdMuncher (programm) and AdBlock (extension)

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

Disable Adblock and AdMuncher and try again. Just to rule them out.

Which version of Chrome, 1Password and the 1Password Extension are you running?

I use Help > Advanced > Verify web browser code signature but it still doesn't work.

Can you confirm that this menu option does NOT have a "tick" mark next to it?

• I'd like to add something to what Richard said:

AdMuncher is know to prevent 1Password from working correctly and it's not something that will change in the near future according to the developers.
    However, the developers—being the very helpful people that they are—gave us detailed instructions on how to exclude 1Password from the blocking process.

Everything about this is layed out in this knowledge base article.

Please let us know if this helps.

This discussion has been closed.