1Password is stuck at updating for new version and 1Password extension won't fill

Options
inmyfree
inmyfree
Community Member
edited April 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Beginning this week, the software does not work properly, every time you start the software, always pause at "please wait while we check for a new version", click the Cancel button, the software would have been busy, did not respond, can not be used. My system is Win7 Pro, X64 32GB of memory, Intel (R) Xeon (R) CPU e5-2620 v2 @ 2.10GHz, the software download name is 1Password-4.3.1.560.exe

Can not upload txt, put "1Password.Inno Setup.log.txt" to "1Password.InnoSetup.log.txt.jpg". You can change the suffix and then open this image, I hope to help me solve the problem, thx

这个星期开始,软件不能正常工作,每次启动软件的时候,总是暂停在“please wait while we check for a new version”,点击取消按钮,软件就会一直处于忙碌状态,没响应,不能使用。我的系统是Win7专业版, X64 32GB内存,Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU e5-2620 v2 @2.10GHz,软件的下载名字是1Password-4.3.1.560.exe

不能上传txt,就把“1Password.InnoSetup.log.txt"改为"1Password.InnoSetup.log.txt.jpg"。你们可以把这个图片改后缀再打开,希望能帮我解决问题,thx

Comments

• LauraR
    Options

@inmyfree - I'm so sorry you are seeing this error. Can you try reinstalling the software from here -

https://agilebits.com/downloads

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks!

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@inmyfree I'm sorry you are having this problem. Here is something you can try: start 1Password.exe with the -no-update command-line argument.

• inmyfree
    inmyfree
    Community Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

@LauraR , I had to reinstall the four times, but he still does not work.
    @svondutch Used your method, change the startup parameters, it can be opened normally, but the Google browser can not fill the password, has been in a password prompt is locked, but the client is already unlocked, so I can not use, only manually fill in the account password. And, even though I filled my password database management password, that window still can not unlock. Also, check the automatic detection is recommended even if the upgrade, at boot time can also add a timeout processing method to connect ah.

my english is not good, with a Google translation, here is Chinese
    @LauraR , 我已经重装了4次了,但是他还是不能工作。
    @svondutch 用了你的方法,更改了启动参数,他可以正常打开了,但是谷歌浏览器不能填充密码,一直处于提示密码被锁,但是客户端却是已经解锁了,这样我不能正常使用,只能手动填写账号密码了。而且,即使我填写了我的密码库管理密码,那个窗口还是无法解锁。还有,建议即使勾选了自动检测升级,在启动的时候也可以添加一个连接超时处理方法啊。

PS: the chrome browser version was 41.0.2272.101 m (64-bit)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@inmyfree: Sorry you're still having trouble! It sounds like something software on your computer may be causing communication problems, both for the updater over the internet and locally between 1Password and the browser extension.

Do you have security software running on your computer that may be blocking 1Password? It sounds like that might be the case, since you were able to download and reinstall 1Password, but the 1Password app doesn't seem to be able to connect to the internet or the browser.

Please check out our troubleshooting guide for more information. Often you can simply set an exception for 1Password to work around this, but you may need to first try disabling your antivirus temporarily to see if that helps.

Please let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you. :)

• inmyfree
    inmyfree
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty I installed antivirus software and system maintenance software,anti-virus software in the interception record is a record of 1PassWord installation package,but not the software components. And before the software is running properly.Now upgrade the beta version, chrome plugin also upgrade to the beta, now occasionally reported not filling a password, no other problems.

I do not know this information can help to you, maybe you can tell me to open the debugging methods, and log file path, after a problem, I can send you the log file. Here are two software download address.

Kingsoft Antivirus is an Anti-virus software.
    Tencent PC Manager is System-care software.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@inmyfree: Thanks for getting back to me! A good starting point would be to temporarily disable the other software (since it sounds like that may be a new addition) to see if that helps.

The 1Password browser extensions communicate with the main 1Password app using websockets locally, so often making an exception for traffic on 127.0.0.1 will resolve the issue. Were you able to try the troubleshooting guide? It has additional, more specific information that may help as well.

This discussion has been closed.