Can't Delete Some Entries [Investigating via email]

Options
FuriousFan
FuriousFan
Community Member
edited April 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I have a few entries that I cannot delete. I've tried using the trash icon and the right-click option. The software appears to be thinking, the screen changes to the next entry in the list but the item is still there. The entry disappears from the iOS versions. Is this maybe related to the other bug where deleting entries in the Windows version won't delete them on the iOS versions.

Running Windows 7 and version 4.3.1.560 of the 1Pass app on the PC.

Comments

• MikeT
    edited April 2015
    Options

Hi @FuriousFan,

In the 1Password application, if you go to the File Menu > Repair 1Password Vault, does this get rid of previously trashed items?

Are you able to edit these items? Try editing it, save it, and delete it again.

• FuriousFan
    FuriousFan
    Community Member
    Options

I can't modify the record. It won't save any changes to it. Yes, I did use the repair option. As of right now, I can't even empty the trash folder. The items disappear but when I click on another folder and then click back on the trash folder, they're all back. Any other suggestions?

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @FuriousFan,

That sounds like the items were deleted but something went wrong with the files for the items. That'd explain why the iOS app did appear to get rid of it.

If you create a new test item, save it, delete it, and then empty your trash, did it get rid of it? If yes, then my theory would be correct about the files itself.

We'd like to take a look at your diagnostics report to see what's wrong. Please use this guide to generate a diagnostic report to email to us and, in the email, also include the link to this thread along with your forum username.

Let us know here that you've sent it, so we can look for it and confirm we got the email.

• FuriousFan
    FuriousFan
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, created a new item, moved it to trash. It disappeared from the folder where I created it and it showed up in Trash. I emptied the trash and although 45 or so files reappeared, the newly created one did not return to the Trash folder.

• FuriousFan
    FuriousFan
    Community Member
    Options

Diagnostic report sent.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @FuriousFan,

I emptied the trash and although 45 or so files reappeared

Which files do you mean, are you referring to 1Password files in your 1Password data folder or the items inside the Trash folder inside the 1Password application?

Diagnostic report sent.

Thanks, we've got the email and will look at it ASAP.

Email ID #: ETI-17489-927

• FuriousFan
    FuriousFan
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I'm referring to the ones in the Trash folder inside the 1Pass app.

• FuriousFan
    FuriousFan
    Community Member
    Options

The behaviour of the PC application is getting worse. Some records have disappeared completely, the Fav folder now only shows 2 records where this morning it had 5.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @FuriousFan,

I've replied to your email, please respond there as soon as you can. This might be a sync issue with Dropbox.

• FuriousFan
    FuriousFan
    Community Member
    Options

OK, I'll do this when I get home tonight. Thanks

• FuriousFan
    FuriousFan
    Community Member
    Options

Instructions followed, email sent.

• LauraR
    Options

@FuriousFan - Thanks! We will continue to troubleshoot with you via email.

• FuriousFan
    FuriousFan
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, I sent the diagnostics for both platforms last night.

• LauraR
    Options

@FuriousFan - Thanks we have received those reports.

• FuriousFan
    FuriousFan
    Community Member
    Options

Can someone advise how to restore the PC database from iOS? Thanks

• FuriousFan
    FuriousFan
    Community Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

So, in the absence of direction, I kinda made it up :)

• Turned off sync on the iOS devices
    • Uninstalled 1Pass on the PC
    • Deleted the opvault files in Dropbox
    • Reinstalled 1Pass on the PC and created an empty opvault file in the default directory
    • Started up the WiFi sync mode in 1Pass for PC
    • Went into Sync on the iPhone and started up the WiFi sync there too
    • Selected to sync with the PC 1Pass and waited a few minutes for it to complete
    • Turned off sync on the iPhone's 1Pass app
    • On the PC, told 1Pass to move the database to Dropbox. It created the opvault in the Dropbox App folder
    • Let that run for a bit
    • Went to the iPhone and turned on Dropbox sync and selected the newly created opvault folder from 1Pass on the PC
    • Waited about 10 min for the sync to finish
    • Then did the same for the iPad

Haven't tested everything yet (like adding, editing and deleting records) but now, all three devices seem to have the same records

Cheers

• Sheesh @FuriousFan!
    That's some serious work there. You could've probably skipped a few steps, but if everything seems to be in order you should be good.

Please let us know if we can do anything else for you here or in the email.

• FuriousFan
    FuriousFan
    Community Member
    Options

Hopefully this will also help someone else who has the same issue. I'll report back in a few days as to how things went. Cheers

• LauraR
    Options

@FuriousFan - please let us know if you have further problems. Thanks!

• FuriousFan
    FuriousFan
    Community Member
    Options

Entries deleted on the Windows PC are again not being deleted in the iOS apps. Thanks

• LauraR
    edited May 2015
    Options

@FuriousFan - I am responding to your original ticket and will reply to you via email.

ref: ETI-17489-927

• FuriousFan
    FuriousFan
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, new diagnostic files sent as instructed.

• LauraR
    Options

Thanks @FuriousFan - we'll have a look and reply via email.

This discussion has been closed.