1Password not responding

Options
harryttt
harryttt
Community Member
edited July 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

When I install 1Password for Windows, then I import my settings from 1Password for Mac. After that, it ask me to install the browser extension. After installed, it says the 1Password need to be running. But it not.
The 1Password main window is not responding. It ask me to input my password, but I cannot type anything, jut not responding.
I tried to close 1Password and start it again, or restart my computer, but when I open it, it will be not responding.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.583
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 8.1 Update1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @harryttt,

Do you have a security program installed that could interfere with 1Password? If yes, can you tell us the names of your security programs.

For now, try to reinstall 1Password to see if it will work:

1. Uninstall 1Password via Control Panel > Remove or Uninstall Programs, this will not remove your data, just the program.
    2. Restart the computer and download 1Password again from here: http://agilebits.com/downloads
    3. Install 1Password and reboot once more, see if this will let you unlock now.
  • harryttt
    harryttt
    Community Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

Hi, I've Nod32 Antivirus installed. After uninstall 1Password and re-install, I received this error when startup.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @harryttt,

I've removed your gist link as it contains some of your computer information, please do remove it as soon as possible. You should not post your entire report online, only email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com

I've downloaded your gist, so you don't need to email it right now.

The error is coming from Windows, which is looping back into 1Password Helper. It looks like it happened while 1Password Helper was trying to open a port to set itself up.

Are you using a proxy on your computer by any chance?

• harryttt
    harryttt
    Community Member
    Options

I don't setup global proxy software. Only have a shadowsocks, which is set up itself at port 1080

• harryttt
    harryttt
    Community Member
    Options

I have some new discoverys. After startup, the 1Password will be not responding, but if i kill the agent process and restart it myself, 1Password will work. I can enter the main window.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @harryttt,

Thanks for the update. To rule shadowsocks out, can you temporarily disable shadowsocks on bootup, reboot, and see if 1Password responds better?

The other thing you can do is disable 1Password Helper on startup but you have to open it manually each time you reboot or your browser extensions won't work.

This discussion has been closed.