Endlessly repeating URL re-submissions [Update Resolves the Issue]

Options
JohnHind
JohnHind
Community Member
edited July 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

On several web sites recently I've noticed that 1Password is continually, without any user input, navigating the same browser tab to the same page and then filling it in a continuing loop until I close the browser tab. Most recently this was on the Dell Website (www.dell.com) when submitting a password reset request (this resulted in Dell sending me many, many password reset emails!)

I realise it must be hard to program for all weird things web designers might do, but maybe there could be some kind of check to ensure the same URL is only navigated to consecutively once without further user input such as a confirmation/cancel dialog?

The browser is IE, but I think I have also seen this behaviour with Firefox.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.582 (12)
Extension Version: 4.6.0.582
OS Version: Windows 8.1
Sync Type: local (USB Drive)

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @JohnHind,

Please update your 1Password program to 4.6.0.583 and the 1Password extension in Firefox to 4.4.1, we fixed this bug a week ago and a lot of users confirmed it resolved the loop issue.

After the update, try again to see if it works better in Firefox and than in Internet Explorer.

If the issue isn't resolved in Internet Explorer, please let me know the steps you're taking to open the Dell site, are you pressing the Control + \ keyboard shortcut to ask 1Password to fill in or are you clicking on the 1Password button to select the Login item to fill. Any details you can share on how to reproduce this will help.

Thanks!

• JohnHind
    JohnHind
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry @MikeT!

I should have checked for updates before reporting this. I do not remember exactly what I did to cause the problem, I've updated now and will report if I see it again. I would not have used a keyboard shortcut though - I can never remember those!

• LauraR
    Options

@JohnHind - thanks for letting us know that the update resolved this problem.

This discussion has been closed.