Sharing key with a friend

Options

Hello, I am poor and can not afford 1password license key but my friend has 1password license key and he said I can use it and I added it to my 1password and its now full version. I'm scared right now cause I feel like he can see my passwords/email on 1password. Can he see my information? I feel like he gets an email with all my information. Please respond ASAP! I tried to remove the license key but it doesn't let me.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

The license key does not give your friend access to the vault data. However, you are behaving illegally by stealing the license.

• rodolfo2580
    rodolfo2580
    Community Member
    Options

What do you mean by " you are behaving illegally by stealing the license."? Sorry im only 15 years old. Am I being arrested or something?

• LauraR
    Options

@rodolfo2580 - sharing the license key does not give your friend access to your data or you access to his data. However you are stealing the key, and this is the same as downloading music illegally. It also means you are not entitled to any support from us if you have further questions. We will note your email address.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

@rodolfo2580 just because you can't afford something doesn't mean you can take it anyway! I assume that you wouldn't walk into a shop, take something from the shelf and walk out without paying? This is no different. When you use 1Password using your friend's license key you are taking these guys' hard work and walking out without paying.

There is an alternative that might help you out though. The beta version is not licensed and so you could run that. The caveat is that you must keep it up to date and you are expected to report bugs (and there will be bugs) on this forum.
    @Laura, can you confirm if this is a viable option here or whether a previously purchased license is a requirement for enrollment in the beta program?

• LauraR
    Options

The beta versions of 1Password are available as a 30 day trial just like the stable version, but after 30 days the user is required to make a purchase. If you want to use 1Password , you will need to purchase!

This discussion has been closed.