1Password Auto Save still running in Alt+Tab Switcher

Options
tbonecopper
tbonecopper
Community Member
edited July 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I noticed this a few days ago and I'm not sure what is causing it.

My 1Password is configured to auto lock after 20 minutes, but it's not locking. A restart of the computer seems to fix it for a bit, but it stops working after a while. I believe what's causing it is a hang up in the auto save dialog box which comes up when it detects a site not previously saved....

As you can see in the attached image, the dialog box is still present in the alt tab switcher, but there is no reason for it to be. Even after restarting Chrome, it's still present.

In a way, I suppose I have 2 issues... the app isn't auto locking, and it's not closing dialog boxes properly.

Has anyone seen this before?

1Password Version: 4.6.0.582
Extension Version: 4.4.1.90
OS Version: Windows 7 64-bit
Sync Type: Not Provided

2.jpg 1.2M

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tbonecopper: Hm. That's a new one for me! Thanks for providing so much detail!

(Un)fortunately(?) I was not able to reproduce the issue you describe. Are you consistently having this problem? If so, can you tell me exactly steps to reproduce it? Also, be sure to update to 4.6.0.583. I don't believe that should address anything even remotely related to your issue...but it's entirely possible that something is simply damaged, so uninstalling 1Password and installing a fresh copy of the latest version may help in that case.

I tested this on my own Windows 7 64-bit machine by setting the lock timer to 1 minute, testing to make sure it locked properly without doing anything else, and then again — both leaving open an autosave dialog and waiting for it to lock, and closing the autosave and letting it lock again.

Are you leaving the autosave dialog open for some reason? Any information you can provide might help us track this down. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• tbonecopper
    tbonecopper
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the reply... No, I'm not leaving it open for some reason, I actually can't switch to it so I can close it. If I restart the computer, it will go away - that said, it eventually comes back. Perhaps it's an issue with the extension I have installed in Chrome?

I just did the update like you suggested, I'll reboot in a bit and try to replicate the error and let you know.

It is very odd.

• tbonecopper
    tbonecopper
    Community Member
    Options

Another weird thing I noticed, while the dialog box is still running somewhere in limbo and the app isn't auto locking, when I right click on a login dialog, select the site, it doesn't autologin, despite the option to do so being enabled.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Perhaps it's an issue with the extension I have installed in Chrome?

The extension itself is actually pretty limited. It's controlled by the 1Password Helper process, so if anything it is probably the Helper that is hanging for some reason. Though it isn't clear what would cause that, it would explain the autosubmit failure.

Another weird thing I noticed, while the dialog box is still running somewhere in limbo and the app isn't auto locking, when I right click on a login dialog, select the site, it doesn't autologin, despite the option to do so being enabled.

This really sounds like either 1Password has become damaged on your system (which, if that's the case it should work after the reinstall), or there may be some other app interfering for some reason. Do you have security software running in the background? A lot of times these can cause issues due to blocking communications between the Helper and the extension. And if the Helper is waiting for a response from the extension which never arrives because something is blocking it, that would explain why it might hang like that.

Please let me know what you find! :)

• tbonecopper
    tbonecopper
    Community Member
    Options

I have uninstalled / reinstalled and found it is still occuring. No security software other than microsoft security essentials. Reviewing the link you sent, I don't have anything like that installed or running. Nothing terribly complicated.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2015
    Options

@tbonecopper: Thanks for following up. I'm sorry you're still having trouble! I use MSE on my Windows 7 system too, so again it isn't clear why you'd be having this issue when others — myself included — are not.

The best thing to do would be to generate a diagnostic report and send it to support+forums at agilebits dot com so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening. Just be sure to include a link to this forum thread and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots'. We will get to the bottom of this! :)

ref: BUA-81555-872

• tbonecopper
    tbonecopper
    Community Member
    Options

On it's way! Thanks guys!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tbonecopper: Thanks! I see that Steve was able to reply, so I'll close this as we continue the conversation via email. We'll take a long at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: BUA-81555-872

This discussion has been closed.